Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arthur-Hucksake
Contributor
Message 1 of 26

Infinity P2P Confusion - New order / upgrade

Hi folks,

I'm an existing Infinity 2 customer and have been for sometime. 

I want my P2P unthrottled to be on parity with new customers (unfair, right?) so have gone through the order upgrade process here http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=29280

It says activation is tomorrow, so assume that is a straightforward upgrade that has been done?

The other problem is the 50GB cloud storage.

When going to my control panel and opting in for 50GB free upgrade, it says an order is already placed and quotes a support number.

Will this be automatically upgraded / updated tomorrow onwards?

Thanks

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
swaber
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 26

Re: Infinity P2P Confusion - New order / upgrade

i recontracted yesterday and ive got 50GB cloud today

0 Ratings
sjtp
Guru
Message 3 of 26

Same as Swaber for me; 50GB registered.

Just running Glasnost test to check whether the p2p part has changed.

Finished ... still showing upload limits

Your ISP appears to rate limit your uploads.

Details:

* Your ISP appears to rate limit your BitTorrent uploads. In our tests, uploads using control flows achieved up to 15827 Kbps while uploads using BitTorrent achieved up to 974 Kbps.

* Your ISP appears to rate limit uploads on port 6881. In our tests, uploads on port 6881 achieved up to 15827 Kbps while uploads on port 36531 achieved up to 983 Kbps.

0 Ratings
swaber
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 26

result of glasnos test for me

Your ISP appears to rate limit your uploads.

Details:

Your ISP appears to rate limit your BitTorrent uploads. In our tests, uploads using control flows achieved up to 16781 Kbps while uploads using BitTorrent achieved up to 980 Kbps.

Your ISP appears to rate limit uploads on port 6881. In our tests, uploads on port 6881 achieved up to 16781 Kbps while uploads on port 58297 achieved up to 969 Kbps.

Is your download traffic rate limited?

There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your downloads.

0 Ratings
chrcoluk
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 26

This whole process has created a ton of confusion.

I was told of over the weekend fo rstating existing customers get 50gig cloud anyway, a friend of mine tested for me today and he didnt recontract, he does not have the 50 gig cloud.

Today is my official activation date.  The my bt site still shows me on infinity option 2 after earlier saying I had no package.

So the my bt site still is confusing.  Glasnost for me now shows no throttling and my connection wasnt took offline for the change either,

0 Ratings
swaber
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 26

everythings allways Smiley Very Happystraight forward with BT

0 Ratings
Arthur-Hucksake
Contributor
Message 7 of 26

Well, got in touch over Twitter. They called me but the blasted signal cut out.

"Got an email to say "Just to confirm your order to add 50GB FRee - BT Cloud is complete"

And yes you are on the Infinity option 2. "

They haven't answered my question about "Unlimited" Infinity 2.

I haven't got a scoobie WTF is going on here and I cannot get intouch with them because the number they called from isn't dialable.

Logging into my control panel it shows this.

No broadband in this account

If you do have BT Broadband, then it might be that we are experiencing a temporary system fault. Please bear with us while we fix the issue. In the mean time you can check your bill for details of your plan.

WTF is going on?

0 Ratings
sjtp
Guru
Message 8 of 26

WTF is going on?  BT don't seem to have a very reliable server infrastructure.  Most of the orders seem to go through this bizarre and un-reassuring 'no phone. no broadband' phase, so don't worry too much.  My 50GB came through a few hours after my 'order complete', and the web pages showed the correct service.  The unthrottling seems to take longer to filter through: 5 days has been mentioned.

Would you buy IT services from a company with an infrastructure like that though?

BT Compute
Services that adapt
BT brings you powerful IT services that can save you money while strengthening your capabilities. We can simplify or even manage your IT estate for you – improving agility, flexibility and resilience. Enjoy the benefits of a high-security data centre.

http://www.globalservices.bt.com/uk/en/products_category/it_services

0 Ratings
chrcoluk
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 26

sjtp if you login to my bt and then click on accounts and then services, then broadband, can you please show what yours says so we can compare?

Mine says

BT Infinity Option 2

Part of your Broadband and Calls bundle

Unlimited usage
  • Up to 76Mb download speed
  • Up to 19Mb upload speed
  • Advanced security software
  • Parental controls
  • Unlimited WiFi minutes
  • 24/7 support

and I have already gone through the no broadband/phone phase.  The only place I see the proper product name listed is if I try to upgrade using the online upgrade feature which then says.

Unlimited Bt Infinity 2 + Calls

0 Ratings
sjtp
Guru
Message 10 of 26

I'm not sure I'm in quite the same bit of the site as you are asking about, but from page https://www.bt.com/appsconsumeraccount/secure/myBT.do

My Broadband:

Unlimited Broadband with Infinity 2

Included in your broadband package

• Up to 76Mb download speed
  • Up to 19Mb upload speed
  • Email anti-virus and parental controls
  • Unlimited WiFi minutes

Mine is now fairly consistent wherever on the site I go.  (at least, consistently unhelpful).

• I ordered online around midday yesterday, for completion today.  
  • Two more notes, second one around 6:00pm yesterday saying 'order complete'
  • Then all the nonsense from different servers about 'no phone, no internet'
  • Mostly sensible this morning, with fairly consistent reference to Unlimited Broadband with Infinity 2, and 50GB of BT Cloud
  • Still no p2p ease-up; but that might be up to 5 days yet ????

I got a random survey on clearness of the website while I was checking the site to answer your question .... maybe they'd could have chosen a better moment.

0 Ratings