Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WicKeD
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Infinity Problems

Hi all.

Well I got Infinity installed on 26th October having moved from BE. The reason I moved is because of constant disconnections which BE could not trace and because I wanted the 38meg BT said I would get. BE also said I would need a BT engineer out which would result in a call out charge. The cabinet is outside my house so distance is no issue.

I asked the openreach engineer if he could move the master socket to a more convenient location but he said he was just there to install Infinity and that I would need to make another appointment.

So I gave it the 10 days to see if it stablised and it just got worse to be honest. I called the call centre in India on Friday 4th and he asked me to monitor it over the weekend and he called back on Monday to see if I was still having the problem which I was.

Now I know the problem is the drop wire as when i move it slightly it can stay connected for much longer. It seems to have a "sweet spot" in the cable where it will hold connection. I told the call centre guy this and asked for an engineer to come out and he told me he would call back on wednesday. Why dont you book me an engineer now?? Why are you making me wait again??? So today I missed the call as I got called into work nightshiftand I was sleeping. I called the call centre back and spoke to someone on live chat who again said someone will call me back. No call yet.

So this is really starting to get to me and I am wondering why I left BE for this rubbish service from BT. Oh and just to top if off, when the engineer had installed Infinity i was getting 38meg down and 8.5 up. Now my IP Profile it set to 24meg. WHY??????? The cabinet is outside and I can get much faster speeds. This is not acceptable. 

I am now contemplating just changing the drop wire myself as I am getting nowhere with BT and they will probably charge me to change the drop wire anyway.

I have attached a pic to show you how old the wiring actually is in this house. The drop wire is from when phones where first installed in the home and has fallen off the house a number of times as the clips break.

Should I go ahead and just change the cable myself? I feel this is going to take forever and have no time for it.

old wiring

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
WicKeD
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: Infinity Problems

Well I am at my wits end now. The guy from India called me back today and I told him the problem is the same and that my IP Profile was at 24meg instead of 40. So usual rubbish "please reset your modem and router and I will call you back on monday" WTF???????

He reset the Ip Profile and now its even worse. 20meg down and 1.5up.

I really dont want this BS anymore. What sort of company is this????????

Is there any way I can get out of this contract?

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 6

Hi WickedD,

I am sorry that you have had trouble getting this sorted out.  I'll be happy to have a look over your account and get things back on track.

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
WicKeD
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Hi Craig. I got sick of waiting for this to be sorted so I cut the drop wire and moved the master socket myself. Connection has not dropped since. Only problem now is my IP Profile. It need reset as im only getting 20down and 1.5up. Should be getting very close to full speeds.

Also since I have called this centre in India Im pretty sure they have sold my details to the scammers. I got the call from and Indian person caliming to be from microsoft and telling me I have a virus on my PC. 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/18/phone-scam-india-call-centres

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

@WicKeD wrote:

Hi Craig. I got sick of waiting for this to be sorted so I cut the drop wire and moved the master socket myself. Connection has not dropped since. Only problem now is my IP Profile. It need reset as im only getting 20down and 1.5up. Should be getting very close to full speeds.

Also since I have called this centre in India Im pretty sure they have sold my details to the scammers. I got the call from and Indian person caliming to be from microsoft and telling me I have a virus on my PC. 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/18/phone-scam-india-call-centres

You might get more than a reset, you might also get a bill for cutting the drop wireSmiley Wink

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
WicKeD
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Like to see them try it mate.

0 Ratings