Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Infinity Roll Out

Hey everybody,

I was wondering if someone could help me. I have just moved to a new flat on a new estate (final building was completed September last year, some of the other properties have been here 2+ years) and the area I have moved to does not yet have Fibre optic, however I believe all of the surrounding postcodes around us do.

The actual estate itself houses four blocks of flats, and around 100/125 houses, so its not a remote area by any stretch, yet none of the properties are on fibre. I have used the Open Reach website and found that all five of the exchanges in my town of Eastbourne are accepting orders.

What can I do to get fibre fitted at my house? I have come from a previous property that was fibre enabled and its like going back to the dark ages. I can't watch HD youtube, I can't skype or maintain any sort of online gaming because of the 0.5mbps upload speed.

At this point I actually get a faster connection on my phone through mobile data. That isn't right.

I can't find any sort of roll out plan for our area, all I can see is that all the exchanges seem ready to go, but i'm not able to purchase fibre. At this point I am not completely against paying the cost to have someone fit it myself!

Can anyone point me in the direction of how I could go about either requesting a fibre assessment, or something to get the ball rolling to get fibre in my area?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Infinity Roll Out

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete phone number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

if no FTTC shown then your cabinet is not included in openreach current fibre rollout

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 5

@MikeLanglois wrote:

Hey everybody,

Can anyone point me in the direction of how I could go about either requesting a fibre assessment, or something to get the ball rolling to get fibre in my area?

Thanks

Hi MikeLanglois,

Visit the Go e-sussex website.

East Sussex County Council has signed a £35.44 million project with BT to bring superfast broadband (offering speeds of at least 24Mbps) to 96% of homes and businesses in East Sussex by the beginning of summer 2016.

Overall, the project will deliver fibre broadband to 99% of premises.

BT is contributing £9.8m towards the overall cost of deployment while East Sussex County Council is contributing £15m towards the project, with £10.64m coming from the Government’s Broadband Delivery UK (BDUK) funds.

It is expected that the improved broadband service will start being available in parts of the county towards the end of the 2013.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

@imjolly

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER Telephone Number on Exchange EASTBOURNE is served by Cabinet 9

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 2--1 to 3.5Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 2Up to 0.51 to 3.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 1.5--1 to 2.5Available
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Other Offerings
Copper Multicast------Available

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Jan-2013; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact them in the first instance to obtain a MAC (Migrations Authorisation) Code, and then contact their new Broadband supplier to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Note: Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Thank you for your interest.

Does this help you at all?

And I hope I don't have to wait until summer 2016! 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

As there is no mention of FTTC then you are not on openreach rollout plans. Need to check with council to see if included in their plans

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings