cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 25

Infinity Roll Out

Hi, I'm sorry to appear so negative but I was hoping, as Infinity is a 21st century technology perhaps bt will have brought their management of it into the 21st century. 

I first registered interest for an Infinity service (at bt's invitation) back in early 2011.  That fell through and a new date of 31 December 2011 was posted for my exchange and according the the regional map, is still good!!  Yesterday, I tried to place an order and was told Infinity is not available to me now until 31 March 2012.  How frustrating is that?

Ok, at the front of this forum subject some guy is telling me why we might not be able to get it...somewhat late in the day, isn't it?  In any case, the local cabinet upgrade was completed several months ago and I'm only 500 metres away!  Talking to the engineers doing the cabinet upgrade, it appeared that I could expect at least 30 meg download!!!

So what other 'last minute excuse' am I missing for not being able to order Infinity?

As I said at the beginning, please excuse my negativity but I'm becoming quite pixxed off with one of the world's foremost communications companies...so called.

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 25

Re: Infinity Roll Out

Despite my previous 'rant' I've found some good information on this site and I do appreciate the many difficulties that bt face in upgrading the UK to fibre.  Evenso, I still feel frustrated at the non fulfillment of what was published to be availabilty dates for this service on my local exchange.

A second cabinet, confirmed to be the fibre cabinet by an attending engineer, was installed next to our local unit and received considerable engineering attention over a period of weeks, several months ago.  This and the confirmation on the exchange map that our exchange is 'Infinity ready', is what's confusing and frustrating me.  Can anyone explain why this doesn't include my line?

BTW...bt's estimate of between 512Kb and 2meg on my BB speed seems to be incorrect?  I'm seeing an average of 2.5meg and often 3meg, depending on time of day and the destination site. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 25

More info...but it's ridculous that we have to dig around to find out what the situation is for our particular location.

Our local FTTC cabinet is powered up and fans are running.  Our local exchange is 'accepting orders'.  My line test confirms that it can support an Infinity service.  My attempt to order is met with an availability date of the 31st March 2012!  I'm informed that bt use the end of quarter date and in fact it could be anytime prior to that date, so I should keep trying!

What I'd like to know is...have any of the customers, served by our cabinet, had their Infinity service delivered?  If yes, why can't I book a date for mine?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 25

@tecmic wrote:

More info...but it's ridculous that we have to dig around to find out what the situation is for our particular location.

Our local FTTC cabinet is powered up and fans are running.  Our local exchange is 'accepting orders'.  My line test confirms that it can support an Infinity service.  My attempt to order is met with an availability date of the 31st March 2012!  I'm informed that bt use the end of quarter date and in fact it could be anytime prior to that date, so I should keep trying!

What I'd like to know is...have any of the customers, served by our cabinet, had their Infinity service delivered?  If yes, why can't I book a date for mine?

Hi tecmic.

If you are sure that your local green cabinet has been upgraded and is RFS( taking orders) then I can only suggest that you contact the mods.

If you fill in this form: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 with a link back to your post for ref, the mods will get back to you. It can take up to 3 days ( sometimes longer in busy periods), and they will contact you direct via phone or email.

Going somewhere else is pointless, because IF your cabinet is taking orders the Mods can sort it out for you.

If your cabinet is not taking orders, then going anywhere else is pointless. If BT cannot supply you with Infinity, then NO ONE can supply it to you at the moment.

TalkTalk like all other ISP's get the same data from Openreach that BT get.

toekneem

(EASBF)

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 25

I have now been back with BT infinity which now gives me a 35meg speed for a couple of months and am very happy with their service.

Geoff
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 25

WHOOPEE!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 25

@tecmic wrote:

WHOOPEE!

Was that the cushionSmiley Very Happy or have you heard somethingSmiley Wink

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 25

Report logged!  I'll post results.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 25

Nah...I was just celebrating Geoff51's good fortune.  (smile)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 25

I have experienced the exact same situation as tecmic Smiley Frustrated: Infinity readiness dates moving by 3 months every 3 months at the same time as neiighbours are commissioned with the service. I have also requested feedback and will post to this forum when I receive.

0 Ratings