cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 26

Infinity Seed dropped massively

Hi all, tonight my bt infinity speed has dropped masivly, im only getting 5mb on speed checkers, i have checked it on multiple deviced and one on cat 5 and no diferance, any ideas of what could cause this ? im on Milford Haven exchange in wales, 

below are the stats , the connection time is low as iv tried a reboot. 

Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 23.23.42.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 23.26.54.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 23.29.44.png

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 26

Re: Infinity Seed dropped massively

no help ? just spend half an hour with bt on the live chat and nothing resolved, tested with one mac on cat 5 nothnig else connected and im getting below 10mbp, any help ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 26

Maybe the speedtester is wrong. Try a different one such as this: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/speedtest2.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 26

According to your Homehub stats you are getting maximum speeds both up and down.

Use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

Can you also post a fresh set of stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 26

I have the same problem only getting 3.74 downloads and i am only 200 metres from the cabinet after 2 hours on the phone bt advised me to join virgin as they didn't,t think they could do any thing
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 26

Hi osiris001,

if you are looking for assistance regarding this you should start your own thread. This avoids confusion as regards who is being asked to post what and who the replies are for.  Post the information requested on this thread so that you can get answers in relation to your problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 26

after speding an hour on the phone with BT it looks like they are looknig into it,  this is a set of results taken from one pc connected by cat 5, 

still just dont get whats gonig on as the connection is solid. these were done 5 minuts ago. 

Screen Shot 2015-01-17 at 17.34.57.pngScreen Shot 2015-01-17 at 17.36.02.png

THIS TEST WAS DONE WITH THE speedtest@speedtest_domain LOGIN IN THE ROUTER AS PER THE INSTRUCTIONS 

Screen Shot 2015-01-17 at 17.40.20.png

another speed test 

Screen Shot 2015-01-17 at 17.43.11.png

todays stats, router has been restarted on BT instruction in the tests. 

Screen Shot 2015-01-17 at 17.48.36.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 26

The one I suggested gives a bit more diagnostic information: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/speedtest2.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 26

Screen Shot 2015-01-17 at 17.55.07.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 26

Again all your stats are good. Your IP profile is 77.43Mbps and your hub stats are all showing good so this would tend to point to there being no problems with your line.

If you are getting the same speed results on all your devices, whether wired or wireless that would rule out it being a device problem.

It could be a faulty Homehub but without having a replacement to use it will be difficult to tell.

If you are able to borrow another HH5 or an Openreach modem, which would allow a connection without the Homehub, this would allow you to establish if that is where the fault lies.

0 Ratings