Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 16

Re: Infinity Speed Decrease

you also need to bear in mind the estimated are connection speeds not download speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Lilliman
Beginner
Message 12 of 16

I apologise for my ignorance, but surely if there is no other traffic on the line, the download speed should be near to the capacity of the connection speed?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 16

I am not calling you a liar simply that some (engineers) will use any excuse to avoid investigating problems
0 Ratings
Lilliman
Beginner
Message 14 of 16

Now that's something that doesn't at all surprise me, it seems that very little has been done to help throughout the entire process, starting with BT not being able to speak with Openreach to organise when to come and install Infinity. Perhaps engineers in the Grantham area are just utterly useless, but with no cable alternative to speak of in the area, I have no choice but to continue giving BT my money.

Thanks for all your help and contributions guys, but unless a moderator is able to take this further and do some investigating on the other side of the line, I guess there isn't anything that will be done.

0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 15 of 16

Hi Lilliman

I am not saying this IS the cause of your speed drop but you may find this of interest :- http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/2014/vectoring-crosstalk-crisis

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 16

@Lilliman wrote:

Now that's something that doesn't at all surprise me, it seems that very little has been done to help throughout the entire process, starting with BT not being able to speak with Openreach to organise when to come and install Infinity. Perhaps engineers in the Grantham area are just utterly useless, but with no cable alternative to speak of in the area, I have no choice but to continue giving BT my money.

Thanks for all your help and contributions guys, but unless a moderator is able to take this further and do some investigating on the other side of the line, I guess there isn't anything that will be done.

Can't see the mods getting involved as your speeds are pretty much in the upper end of the estimated speed. As mentioned crosstalk may be happening but until vectoring or another solution is rolled out then there's not much that can be done.

0 Ratings