cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pintosal
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Infinity Speed Expectations

On Tuesday afternoon this week I had Infinity installed, and the engineer ran a speed test. The result was a pleasing 32Mb/s, up from 4Mb/s on the ADSL+ Last night at around 10pm I noticed that web browsing performance had deteriorated. It felt slower than when I was on the ADSL. I ran the speed test a couple of times, and it varied between 9Mb/s down to 2.5Mb/s. Is this to be expected? My understanding is that BT prioritise web browsing traffic, and so performance should not be impacted. Is there a network problem, or are my expectations unrealistic?
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Infinity Speed Expectations

I suggest you post your problem on the infinity board and probably get more replies

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
robh66
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

You've still got the 10 day stabilising period to get through, so the slowdown should be expected. But monitor it and if after 10 you run a speedtest  at www.speedtester.bt.com. And it still shows your download speed as slower than your old ADSL2, then get in touch with the help desk in India.

0 Ratings
toekneem
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Hi pintosal.

As its a new activation your line speed can vary while is is looking for the best stable speed.

How do you connect, is it wired or wireless.

Also can you do a BT speedtest  awired if possible and post the results with the IP profile for your line.

[edit] I will ask the mods to move your post to the Infinity forum,

toekneem

(EASBF)