cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve555
Message 1 of 5

Infinity Speed dropped

Hi all,

Just recently joined bt infinity on the 19 december, now i took out the 76mb package and they told me on the phone that

i would get about 67mb. when I was first connected i was getting the full 76mb out of my line, which I have always got the max out of any broadband provider as my exchange is just at the top of my street. Anyway I noticed a drop to about 65mb, then in the last few days its dropped again to about 54mb. Anyone got any ideas. Like I say ive never had any problems maxing my line out before 😞 and the thing is im now not even getting what they said I would get.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Infinity Speed dropped

Is Infinity new to your area? If it is, then it could be that as people get Infinity in your area, it will drop your speed slightly.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 3 of 5

@steve555 wrote:

Hi all,

Just recently joined bt infinity on the 19 december, now i took out the 76mb package and they told me on the phone that

i would get about 67mb. when I was first connected i was getting the full 76mb out of my line, which I have always got the max out of any broadband provider as my exchange is just at the top of my street. Anyway I noticed a drop to about 65mb, then in the last few days its dropped again to about 54mb. Anyone got any ideas. Like I say ive never had any problems maxing my line out before 😞 and the thing is im now not even getting what they said I would get.

Hi Steve, with Infinity it doesn't matter how close you are to your exchange, it's all about how close you are to your local green cabinet, do you know where your one is? 

Could you take this speedtest here http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ and post results please, continue onto the further diagnostics test and post results including profiles. 

Are you testing wired or wirelessly?

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
steve555
Message 4 of 5

The green cabinet is at the top of the street, sorry thats what I meant,

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 5

Have you tried the link I gave you?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings