cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flyntlock
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Infinity Speed where are you ?

Ok so i took the plunge and upgraded to infinity, My old broadband speed maxed out at between 2 and 4meg , so i was hoping for a huge improvement, Well on the first day it was a massive 75 , wow i thought perfect upload speed 18 wonderfull i thought. However a week later my down load speed max's out at a whopping 12 normally around 9 to 10 though , However my upload is still a constant 18. Can ome one please explain this nd tell me what i am doing wrong, If i am that is , wondering if this was worth the investment.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Infinity Speed where are you ?

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Can you use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
if you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/
0 Ratings
Flyntlock
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Ok did the Wholesale Retail speed checker and it timed out.

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

HighLowHighLow        

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Range A (Clean)8066.22020--Available----
VDSL Range B (Impacted)71.9402012.3--Available----
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 7.5--6.5 to 8.5Available--Yes
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 7.5Up to 16.5 to 8.5Available--Yes
ADSL MaxUp to 4--3.5 to 7.5Available----
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available--Yes
Fixed Rate2 ----Available----
VDSL Multicast------Available----
ADSL Multicast------Available----

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market B Exchange.

For VDSL or G.fast Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Oct-2013; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
Flyntlock
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

This is the best i can do for a speed test as the retail one keeps timeing out.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Wired or wireless?

Can you post up the connection stats from the home hub?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Flyntlock
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Ok i did the thing with the Hub. Ran the diagnostics and it said there was a fault with the line , and gave me a fault referance and a date it will be fixed by. not having done this before is this a reliable action or do i still need to ring the black hole that is BT customer service ?.

Oh and never use wireless ....ever.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

if you have a fault reference then you need take no further action
0 Ratings