cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stuartd
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 36

Infinity Twitch Streaming issue, who has it?

Hi,

When trying to watch streams on Twitch.tv or Twitch.eu I get constant stuttering, twitch posts a message up saying to lower video quality to stop the stuttering. However if I watch on Ipad there is no stuttering, as this is a restream so doesn't suffer the same problems.

From my understanding somewhere along the line to Twitch there are CDNs that are being throttled or just dont have the capacity to provide any sort of streaming from Twitch. As far as I can see BT would have to change the way they route to twitch in order to combat this problem and there isn't really anything I can do as a consumer. I am on the unthrottled package and I don't believe that is the issue anyway.

Anyone else have a problem with Twitch streams? Post below

Most of the streamers don't go above 3-5Mbps so it shouldn't be an issue for an Infinity customer at all.

0 Ratings
35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 36

Re: Infinity Twitch Streaming issue, who has it?

What browser?

I had troubles with twitch 1080+ on Infinity no matter what browser. Lower quality was fine.

I had troubles with twitch 1080+ on BE! only when using Firefox, 1080+ was fine in IE.

Summary: Firefox is iffy anyway, last week BT had issues at peak time with 1080+ anyway - probably on account of the DOTA2 tournament.

0 Ratings
Stuartd
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 36

I use both Firefox and Chrome and the issue happens on both. I have to watch the restreams on my iPad otherwise the lag on PC is unbearably stuttery
0 Ratings
soapy
Expert
Message 4 of 36

i use twitch and jtv on infinity and have never had a problem watching either site

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 36

You asay you can watch the streams ok on your iPad but not on your P C does that not point to p ossicle PC problems
0 Ratings
Stuartd
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 36

It s completely down to the way it's routed to twitch and nothing to do with my PC. My PC is an I7 2600K and I have a GTX 680 on a gigabit wired Ethernet connection.

The reason it works on the iPad is because it is a transcoded re-stream from twitch that is no longer live and is routed a different way in order to be compatible with the iPad ie not flash. It's usually about 10 seconds behind watching on the PC, I am going to give this a go.

http://mitchribar.com/2013/02/time-warner-cable-sucks-for-youtube-twitchtv/

0 Ratings
Stuartd
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 36

This is what I see on every stream

23A67D94-4773-43F7-B5D1-06AAA9D33197.jpg

0 Ratings
crozza-9
Contributor
Message 8 of 36

This is happening to me, At first i thought it was my net but everything seems fine with my speeds, i can only watch it in 360p or 480p.

0 Ratings
JezP
Beginner
Message 9 of 36

Thought i would join in on this im on 75 down 16 up with infinity nice spec PC and twitch lags bad just dont get it nothing else buffers or lags like twitch.

Right now im using the open Dns servers in my PC network settings seems to help early days tho it takes some refreshes.

PS im also on option  2

0 Ratings
slammer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 36

What graphics card are u using? I think twitch servers have been quite impacted with the recent dota2 tournament have seen streamers complaining of issues

0 Ratings