cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eagledave
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Infinity Wi-Fi speed problem

I have a fault with my Fibre optic Broadband from BT whereby it works fine via Ethernet cable but over Wi-Fi the speed drops to a snail’s pace. I can temporally improve the speed by changing the Wireless network channel in the router, this will work for a few hours but then it slows up again. It’s been ongoing for over 4 Months, I’ve spent what feels like days talking to BT’s Technical department about it!! Each time they have me go over the same procedures as I’ve previously tried which do nothing! Then I show them how if I change the network channel the speed is as it should be for a short while, they then tell me to leave it to see if it drops call again! I’ve told them I’ve tried and tried but it still drops to a snail’s pace….I’m now at my wits end, and out of contract so they want to start charging me, even though I was 3 months inside the contract when this frustrating fault began!! Has anyone else had similar problems who could offer any advice to help me solve this. I have said all along that I think it’s a router fault, which they’ve now sent and charged me for!! I was supposed to receive it today, waited in all day but it didn’t arrive!!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Infinity Wi-Fi speed problem

which home hub are you using
eagledave
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

It's home hub 3

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

have you read this thread  https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Queries/HH3-Infinity-Local-WiFi-Channel-fade/td-p/144629...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
eagledave
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

it would appear I'm not alone!! most threads advise changing to a HH4 or 5 but don't have a solution to the problem with the HH3, which is really frustrating.
Thanks very much for your help though..
0 Ratings