Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Croftie
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 11

Infinity - Wireless keeps dropping

Go to solution

Had Infinity for 27 days now and the wireless has been fine up untill a few days ago when it started dropping randomly, it won't reconnect either without disableing/re-enableing it in Network Connections either, wired connections are fine.

Is the hub faulty or just not very good or?

Thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Infinity - Wireless keeps dropping

Go to solution

Hi Croftie,

Thanks for posting. Have you tried changing the wireless channel. Check here for info.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Croftie
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi David, I did try changing channels and it didn't have any effect, however this seems to have resolved itself, the wireless is on the same channel as before but is no longer dropping out. I'm leaving this as unresolved for now incase it starts happening again but you can consider it resolved for now. Thanks.

I do have another problem however that's unresolved, if you can look into it that would be great:

Incident: 101101-008857
http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Infinity-option-2-slow-p2p-upload-speeds/td-p/56383

0 Ratings
alanchown
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
I posted something similar and the kids haven't moaned for a couple of days, so i guess my wireless hasn't dropped either, but since as far as I'm aware there has been no upgrade it must just be coincidence.
0 Ratings
slowhandjoe
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

0 Ratings
slowhandjoe
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
I don't know what's wrong I typed lots of information here but my post is showing empty?
0 Ratings
slowhandjoe
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
I have tried to reply here but for the third time today my wireless signal has dropped.
I have tried changing channel but to no avail. It worked month after month on the previous Total Broadband router but since upgrading to Infinity it drops at least once per day. It shows as being connected but my web pages drop and then eventually it shoes as me having wireless connection but no internet access thought at all times I have wired connection to the router and internet. I also can log on to both BT Fon and BT Openzone through the same wireless connection but no through connection on my own SSID.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
alanchown
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

I also changed my channel but with no joy- I connected the kids Xbox via Homeplugs yesterday as the Infinity Hub wifi just doesn't work reliably.

Mods- there have been many complaints on this issue- is anyone looking into it?

Alan

Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
Don't have infinity and not seen it mentioned but can you change the wireless interface from b/g/n back to b/g. The n version appears to be flakey on the HH2 type B - does the infinity hub suffer the same problem?
0 Ratings
alanchown
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Its certainly flakey on mine, but my previous HH2 was rock solid. May try changing setting as you suggest, you cerainly can change it.- i have no N devices (perhaps new Xbox, but now connected via homeplugs)
0 Ratings