cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Infinity activated today but sllooowwwww

Hi. I was a adsl customer and was getting 7-8 Mbps down and .3 up. Since infinity I'm getting 1.9mbps and .3 up. I was told to expect 38 Mbps down and 9 up as we are so close to the exchange. Can a BT mod help me with this please? Thanks
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Infinity activated today but sllooowwwww

Can you post your line stats from the HH5 please? These are in Troubleshooting/Helpdesk on the web interface at http://192.168.1.254

Lines 1-13 will be enough

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

1. Product name: BT Home Hub
2. Serial number: +068543+NQ42953739
3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.173.1.6 (Type A) Last updated Unknown
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
5. ADSL uptime: 0 days, 00:38:11
6. Bandwidth: 448 / 8128
7. Data sent/received: 3.0 MB / 12.9 MB
8. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
9. BT Wi-fi: No
10. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-J8Z3
11. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 150 Mb/s)) 20 MHz, WPS enabled
12. 2.4 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
13. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Those are adslmax stats

You need engineer back to complete the infinity upgrade

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

The engineer hasn't done there job properly and if you have his/her name then report them also as that's not acceptable.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

I had adsl and ordered infinity. They ceased my adsl and then activated my infinity. My bt web page shows I have infinity. How is that possible mate? I was told I didn't need an engineer. Should I plug into the red socket? It is in the grey one right now.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

as it an infinity 1 install there would be no engineer visit to the OP it sounds like the cab work was not carried out today
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Trying to explain this to bt will be impossible. It was meant to go live Monday but had an orange flashing light all day. Still the same this morning (Tuesday). I phoned last night and they arranged an engineer for Thursday. But shortly after arriving back the light turned solid blue, about 6 this evening. I cancelled the engineer visit as it was connected. Didn't realise the speed was so slow, and to be honest I would have assumed that this was to do with the line sync. **bleep**.
0 Ratings