Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thatsinkingfeeling
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Infinity activation date passed, no connection

Can't believe I am here!

Having had an absolute nightmare getting a landline connected after moving house 2 years ago, I vowed never to use BT again. Obviously I have a short memory as now we have been forced to change provider, as Virgin Media ADSL customer sold us off wholesale to Talktalk, so I decided to go with BT as they keep promising me such a wonderful fibre service (cable not an option) and I didn't think anything could get too messed up with a computerised order.

Seems I was wrong! Everything was going fine with my infinity 1 order, equipment received, now the date has passed and I have not been connected, or even contacted in any way.

Given my past experiences with customer service, I do not want to talk to anyone at BT on the phone, as I have a young family to look after and do not have hours of my days to waste being passed from department to department, on hold and being cut off. I also would like to keep a physical record of all customer service contact, as I am already anticipating this to be a lengthy process.

I was therefore wondering if there was anyone on this forum who might be able to look into my order and see what has gone wrong?

Please put my mind at rest and prove that I haven't made a terrible mistake!

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
DavidM
Message 2 of 16

Re: Infinity activation date passed, no connection

Hi Thatsinkingfeeling and welcome.

Sorry there's been a delay getting the order completed. I can help you with this. Drop me an email with the details, including any order references you have. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Thatsinkingfeeling
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Thanks very much David.

I am logged I but I cannot see a contact us option - only an option to PM you?

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 16

Sorry about that, my fault. Can you try again?

Cheers

David
0 Ratings
Thatsinkingfeeling
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Thank you David, I have filled in the form and look forward to a response.

0 Ratings
Thatsinkingfeeling
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 16

I have just had a text asking me to provide a MAC from my current ISP.

2 questions:

I read that you only need a MAC when transferring from ADSL to ADSL, which we aren't, are we?

The specific instructions on BT's website when transferring from Virgin is to go ahead and place the order, then notify Virgin after the BT service has activated. Why recommend this when it's not even possible??

0 Ratings
Thatsinkingfeeling
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

And more questions, I would be grateful if someone could answer.

So I have now submitted my MAC and am waiting (and waiting) for someone to contact me. My original order has been cancelled today, I am presuming/hoping a new order will be raised when (if....) I am contacted.

1) Now my original order has been cancelled (not by me), are BT likely to quibble about my Sainsburys voucher, as the deal is not currently running?

2) My package ordered in Jan was for unlimited Infinity 1 - would this have been a £50 voucher? I can find no mention of value, only one reference in the original email confirmation with info about how to claim.

3) Once I have received help from a moderator on this forum (eg DavidM) do I go back to him with further queries, or do I post again on here and wait for someone else to help out?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Thatsinkingfeeling
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Thank you to Shane who has just called from the "Social Media team". He did not answer any of my questions above (although I presume this thread is what he has responded to), but he has assured me that a new order will be raised tomorrow and someone will contact me then. If not his team will be following it up and calling me on Saturday.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

yes any questions should be made directly to the mod dealing
0 Ratings
Thatsinkingfeeling
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Thanks John, I have not received any emails from a mod so do I contact through PM? Can't see any other option.

So surprise surprise no contact from BT yesterday, and as yet no contact from Social Media team today. Shane, you promised me this wouldn't happen!!! Luckily I was not holding my breath...

0 Ratings