Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveuns
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Infinity and issues with bad weather

Hi All,

I seem to having some issues with my service when the weather is bad, and was just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issues?

Currently outside the wind is howling and it is pouring with rain, and my service has become so unreliable that I can't even play a stream from iPlayer without it constantly rebuffering.  I am on Infinity 1 as I've not upgraded yet due to plans to move house.

I've just done a speed test and this is the result:

A typical result in normal weather is:

And as I type this it's getting worse!

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this, and what, if anything BT would do about it?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Infinity and issues with bad weather

Is your line served by overhead cables or underground cables?

0 Ratings
daveuns
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

The final leg of the line is pole fed. Guess that may not be helping matters, having said that one of my neighbours experiencing the same wind and rain, fed from the same pole is not having the same issues.  Maybe the connection at the pole is loose. 

I'll take my chances with a call to BT!

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

@daveuns wrote:

The final leg of the line is pole fed. Guess that may not be helping matters, having said that one of my neighbours experiencing the same wind and rain, fed from the same pole is not having the same issues.  Maybe the connection at the pole is loose. 

I'll take my chances with a call to BT!

My guess is the wind has knocked a connection loose somewhere.

0 Ratings
daveym
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

having the same problem here in windy/ raining co durham..download is down to about 8-9mb( is about 63mb 99.9% of the time) upload is staying stable at about 16mb..

0 Ratings
hifistud
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

It's not just Infinity - I've got colleagues who have seen their Sky ADSL more or less grind to a halt tonight up here in the Northeast - the weather is absolutely foul, and must be affecting all sorts of systems.

0 Ratings