cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 8

Infinity available on houses each side of me but not mine in the middle. Please help!

Go to solution
Hello

Could any please advise on what could be the problem or advise me on what steps I could take to try solve this issue.

I've been waiting for fibre for ages to come to my area and have been a BT customer for a number of years. I live in quite a rural area so you can imagine my joy to see the infinity vans installing the fibre boxes on my road.

I have checked the BT infinity checker and both houses on either side of me on my road are showing as shortly to be accepting orders within a month. However, mine in the middle is only showing as in scope, and no confirmed date.

My house is a relatively new build (6 years) and either side are older houses but I have had a BT phone line and internet from the get go so am at a loss to think why my home is not displaying the same options as my neighbours.

Is there anything I can do to ensure that I able to receive fibre once it goes live? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Anthony
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Infinity available on houses each side of me but not mine in the middle. Please help!

Go to solution
Can you post back the results of this checker editing out your phone number

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput
If it does not show a cabinet number it will be because you are on an Exchange Only line which will mean you can not get Infinity because you are not connected to a cabinet, instead you are connected directly to the exchange
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Re: Infinity available on houses each side of me but not mine in the middle. Please help!

Go to solution
Hi John

It shows as being connected to Cabinet 1.

Will post an image of the result now. Thank you.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

I think this link should show the screenshot of the result:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1mjuj4jplcl4k5u/bt%20dsl%20checker.png?dl=0

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
it can take time for all the data bases to update I would wait a few weeks then check again
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Ok will do, but from that screenshot would you say in theory I should be able to access fibre or is it not possible to tell? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
It is not possible to tell although there should be no reason why you cannot
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Ok, thanks for taking the time to answer my query. Much appreciated. 

0 Ratings