cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Infinity available to the entire apartment block... but not to my flat?!

Hi all,

Just had a frustrating time on the phone with BT as I'm moving to a new apartment where the entire block is wired for fibre-optic, i.e. Infinity, and people around me already have it.

According to the database and the people at BT, however, I can only get regular ADSL broadband... which doesn't make any sense!

I tried explaining that the flat is definitely Infinity ready, but I was met with an explanation that there must be an issue with "the box" and when I spoke to a manager, he explained that it was most likely down to the exchange being over-capacity. There is, I suppose, a tiny chance of the exchange being over-capacity but the Poplar exchange is a key London exchange and although it's had its problems in the past, I strongly doubt that capacity is an issue for it right now as it's only recently been upgraded.

Basically, I can only assume that the real problem must be down to the OpenReach database being wrong... but BT were adamant that they couldn't do anything!!!

The 20 day wait they then quoted for an engineer visit, plus the additional £130 cost of just going for a phone connection with no Infinity package, didn't really help improve my thoughts of their service, either... Smiley Wink

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance...!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Infinity available to the entire apartment block... but not to my flat?!

try another isp offering fttc
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Infinity available to the entire apartment block... but not to my flat?!

Poplar has had fttc for a over a year now. The busiest cabs are full up now and have been for some time.

0 Ratings