cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piemaster
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Infinity checker "couldn't find any results for the details you entered" for enabled area?

Has anybody else found that the Infinity checker returns the error:

"We’re sorry... we couldn't find any results for the details you entered. If you don't have a phone line with BT, please try again by entering only your postcode and house number. Alternatively, please check back later. "

for a line which already has an Infinity connection?

I've just moved flat (in the same development) and have found that BT can't offer an Infinity connection in the next building down, which is somewhat dissapointing to say the least, so I'm stuck on a 3mbit connection. However, the errors form the checkers say that I also can't get Infinity in my old flat where I already had one. Because of the error, I can't register interest either.

Having a look in the spreadsheet of cabinets, my new flat should be on LNPOP-P44 or P88 and the old was on P88 - both of which seem to be enabled for FTTC. One of the systems BT Sales uses internally says I can have it, the other doesn't, so I can't order.

Considering this is in the middle of the Docklands (new - E14 9GP and old - E14 9QS) it seems strange that BT would only serve the smallest out of 4 towers and miss out on 300+ flats in the others. To rub salt in the wound, they're <50m away from the largest datacentres in London (GlobalSwitch 1 and Telehouse).

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Infinity checker "couldn't find any results for the details you entered" for enabled a

Try contacting the mods.
0 Ratings
MedicUK
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Infinity checker "couldn't find any results for the details you entered" for enabled a

I'm in the Poplar exchange and get the same message.

Started about a year ago, before that it was telling me I gould get 38meg.

0 Ratings