cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Infinity compatible routers

At the moment I have a BT HH2b running on Infinity(2).

I'm having an issue with DLNA streaming (posted elsewhere on this forum - http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Video-streaming-from-a-phone-to-a-DLNA-TV-via-a-Home-Hub... ) and now Panasonic (DLNA TV) seem to be saying the router may be the problem.

I did ask BT if they would swap out my HH2b for an HH3 to see if that helps, but they wont. But I can buy an HH3 if I wish!

So I'm looking around for a new router that is compatible and works with Infinity to replace the HH2b. I don't want to spend a fortune around the £65 mark +/- a bit.

I was thinking of something like a dual-band NetGear router maybe.  Possibly something like this - NETGEAR N600 Wireless Router WNDR3400 (e-commerce link removed - Mod), assuming this works with infinity connections wise etc. ( A Netgear DGN 3000 was also mentioned as a possible ).

Can anyone please suggest a router that definately connects to BT Infinity ok, preferably is dual band and works with DLNA. Would the above one fit the bill? I beleive the HH2b should be OK, but something is wrong in my set up for sure. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: Infinity compatible routers

Hi George,

There's a thread here which might be of use to you.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Infinity compatible routers

Many thanks, I'll have a look and see.

0 Ratings