cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spinstorm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 42

Infinity connected but internet not active?

I just had the engineer leave and he hooked up the infinity connection but the router won't sync and connect to the Internet. He phoned up BT and they said that the line will be active from midnight tonight. So I am left with an Internet connection I can't use until tomorrow...? I'm not blaming the engineer as he was unhappy at the problem too. My concern is if the line doesn't start working then I am left with no one to help sort it out here. Has anyone else had this problem or has any suggestions? It's a migration from BE.
0 Ratings
41 REPLIES 41
Aarong
Guru
Message 2 of 42

Re: Infinity connected but internet not active?

The migration should have happened from last night rather than tonight, could be a faulty hub as well, although we can't be too sure.

Unfortunately you may have to wait it out to tonight, if nothing happens tonight, phone B.T immediately tomorrow morning.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Spinstorm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 42

Will the modem work with any router? I have an apple time capsule router so if the issue is the hub would that work?

The engineer said it should have happened before he came over but I would have to wait. Is there anyway to expedite the process?

Surely I am now just connected to BT and not BE as the DSL is only to the cabinet which is connected to fibre.
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 42

You'll need to wait until midnight mate.

I would have expected it to have gone through but there are sometimes system delays.

Yes the apple time capsule is compatible, just ensure that the details within it are correct. Connection type should be PPPoE username should be something@btbroadband.com and anything as your password.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 5 of 42

Yea your right, you should be connected to B.T, can't understand why you would need to wait until tonight.

As long as it's a cable router then it should be fine, here are a list of other possible routers for replacement of the HH3 in this thread.

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/List-of-Routers-to-replace-Home-Hub-3/m-p/298203/highlight/tr...
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Spinstorm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 42

So the username is my email address and password is just something random and not my actual password?

I still can't log into BT email either (not that I plan on using it!).

Best course of action? Try the time capsule and if that doesn't work phone up?
0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 7 of 42

As long as it's something@btbroadband.com it should be fine. Password can be whatever you want, Best COA?? There shouldn't be any problems with your time capsule, if it doesn't work you can ring up if you wish, or come back and we'll be more than happy to help ;).

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 42

The username is something@btbroadband.com The password can be anything you want it to be. BT don't authenticate you via username and password on the RAS, it's done by your telephone number.

Your email address will have the suffix @btinternet.com

If that doesn't work you'll have to wait until tomorrow because if you ring today they'll give you the midnight crack, even though it should be working once the engineer has installed it.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Spinstorm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 42

It's not the router as the time capsule couldn't connect with those settings so I guess the line just isn't active yet. I'll call them later.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Is there anyway of seeing what the modem is synced at without an Internet connection to do a speed test?
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 42

I had this issue when I migrated from the 40/10 to the 80/20 service.

That was a specific problem with the element manager of the certain manufacturer of MSAN that's in my cabinet. And a fix for that issue has been rolled out, or so I was told when it was fixed.
0 Ratings