cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 31 of 42

Re: Infinity connected but internet not active?

You're wrong. Can I have the deeds please?
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 42

I'm not.

Call the technical helpdesk and find out for yourself. I know for a fact, I deal with them on a daily basis.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 33 of 42

I can vouch for this, Webby is right, it's the same on my HH3.

My Services
Internet:
Connected
Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com 
BT FON:Active 
BT Manual Power Save:Disabled
BT Access Control:Not enabled
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 42

@Bullitt wrote:
You're wrong. Can I have the deeds please?

See page 19 🙂

http://btsupport.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/2040147/1311001036/redirect/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xM...

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Spinstorm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 42

Lol whatever the problem is the Indian lady said its an issue at the exchange with the circuit - be that at the cabinet or wherever - it requires an engineer. And that's annoying because it means that if they guy yesterday had been a bit more inquisitive and not just taken the word of the person on the phone about lime activation then it would have been working right away. I saw his meter thingy connected and synced fine but clearly it wasn't trying to log in to the Internet just test the line. Which incidentally I still have no idea what I'm synced which I really want to know!
0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 36 of 42

Was there an estimation to when they hope to have it resolved by?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 42

Yeah that's what happened with mine but it was when the upgrade to 80/20 went through mate. Openreach won't diagnose it remotely for some reason, engineer has to do a co-op with the Openreach helpdesk while on site.

Might be worth telling them that someone else had a similar problem and a port rebuild and reset sorted it 😉
0 Ratings
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 38 of 42

Did you try the bthomehub@btinternet.com userid?

Or try speedtest@speedtest_domain

0 Ratings
Spinstorm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 42

The engineer is due to come tomorrow morning. I hope that means he will get it up and working tomorrow. I will mention your solution webby. I did try the homehub username but not the speediest username.
0 Ratings
Spinstorm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 42

All working now. BT speedtest gives me 64Mbits down/16 up and speedtest.net gives me 74/18 roughly. The engineer said he swapped the DSLAM and got them to switch it over. I don't know if that is a simplified way of explaining what was wrong. Also I noticed my speed after about 6 hours had dropped down to 2Mbits down but still 16 up. I rebooted the modem and it's back to full speed but is that a common issue? Lastly I tested some torrents and I got about 200kb/sec down which isn't great when theoretically I should be able to get around 9MB/sec. I tried a VPN and I was able to get two torrents running at 2.5MB/sec. Of course It would be nice to have unrestricted speed but I am happy enough using a VPN for legit downloads. Has anyone actually ever maxed out at 8/9MB/sec downloads? I can't find anything to actually download at that speed. I was getting about 6MB/sec from iTunes which may well be the actual real maximum speed for my line.
0 Ratings