cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Infinity connected but no internet

I ordered BT infinity last week and was told that my activation date was Thursday 14th May. I received my home hub 5 two days beforehand and set it up on Wednesday night ready for the switchover. My old regular broadband which was also with BT worked fine with the new home hub 5 so there was no problem with my setup. Early Thursday morning I got a text to say new service was now ready to use. 

Reset the hub first, but when the hub was ready I can see its connected at the correct 'speed' but I have no net access.

Opening a Web page sometimes give the "BT wholesale access circuit to your service provider is currently down..." message but usually just times out. 

It is now Saturday and I still have no nternet. I have been on the phone and been talked through reseting my hub etc but after a while person at other end said problem was at exchange and it would be working by today at latest. Well it isn't!

Hub worked fine with my adsl connection so nothing has changed at my end. Not one of the pc's pc's/tablets in the house can connect.

Please help. Never knew how much I relied on the net till now!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Infinity connected but no internet

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here, once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.

Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help.

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them via their contact form
They will contact you personally by email or phone.

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: Infinity connected but no internet

Hi empdal1,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the delay connecting your BT Infinity service.  I'll be happy to pick this up from here and get you connected.

Click on my username and you'll see the link to get in touch with us in my profile under the "about me" section.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings