cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dodge
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Infinity connection dropping out

Does anyone else have this problem. It happens several times a day on different laptops at the same time. Regularly everyday just after midnight. Usually clicking on the troubleshooter it resets the network adapter and it starts working again.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
spooksman
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Infinity connection dropping out

Do you mean the wireless connection drops from the HH3 to the PCs, or the actual Infinity connection to the net drops?

Obviously the solutions may be different...

G
0 Ratings
dodge
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

I assumed it was the connection to the internet was failing. As we are all using wireless connections and all lose it at the same time, I had better connect a cable to one of the laptops to check that out. Thanks for reply.

0 Ratings
spooksman
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

If you can 'see' the other laptops on the network and the little indicator in the status bar stays solid, then the wifi is probably OK.

If it is wifi related you will get lots of suggestions on here as to possible solutions - if it is the actual modem/router disconnecting, you may need help from the mods.

G
0 Ratings
r1sh12
Expert
Message 5 of 8

Theres a chance its the wireless signal from the router.

Many people have complained about the HH3 wireless signal dropping.

I myself had the same issue, my wireless computers all told me I had full signal but there was not actuall connection.

Best thing to do is try and connect other wireless devices to see if they all cannot access the internet at the same time.

Its also worth having an ethernet (Wired) connection to see if the problem is only with wireless or with all devices that are connected to the router.

I got tired of trying to fix the problem, I changed my router and havent had an issue.

0 Ratings
tynyfron
Message 6 of 8

Changegd your router from what to what?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
spooksman
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

I had issues as well, I am awaiting delivery of a Netgear WNDR3700 Wireless Router that I ordered a couple of days ago - hopefully that will fix my wifi issues.

G
0 Ratings
r1sh12
Expert
Message 8 of 8

Hi sorry forgot to mention,
I have the Netgear N750 WNDR4000
0 Ratings