Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julyjohnson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Infinity contracr renewal and dead

Go to solution

Our BT Infinity package was at end of contract. We negotiated a new price and it was due to start monday 9th june.

On the 9th June we lost all services including phone. Following a lot of phone calls on the mobile the phone landline was put pack on 12th June but as of now (18th June) and despite 21 phone calls we have no infinity.

When I have phoned faults I have been promised by various people including supervisors that they would "take ownership and definetly solve the problem and phone me back to let me know the resolution". Not one has phoned back. It appears that the renewal was messed up and we were put on copper. An openreach engineer said the same and that I would have to tell BT. I did, over and over again, all to no avail.

The latest promise to phone was from a supervisor who says his name is Gavrav Kathuria. He was definetly going to phone at 4.15.He didn't and when I now try to phone 150 I get a recorded message saying "BT Order Services" and an engineer will cal to install Infinity on 25th June. that's a week today. I don't need infinity installing, I have had infinity for years, but now I can't tell them that. Whatever option i press I get the message repeated.

Unfortunately we paid line rental in advance and helpful bt have told me this is forfiet and we would have to pay hundreds more if we cancel.

How on earth can I get this resolved? I don't think I can bear to speak to India ever again ... even if I could ring them.

J

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Infinity contracr renewal and dead

Go to solution

You need mod help as they are the only bt employees on the Forum. They will post a contact us link after reading this. 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi julyjohnson,

I'm very sorry about this, it sounds like we've really let you down.  Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll see if anything can be done to get this sorted ASAP. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
julyjohnson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Okay, responded to link. Don't suppose its worth the effort. As an update an engineer is coming tomorrow (Friday) so a third day off work!
j
0 Ratings
julyjohnson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Wow!

It's well worth posting on this forum. My problem is now solved thanks to contact through here.

An engineer was sent. He has sorted our Infinity connection which had been changed somewhere by someone so that we again receive fibre. Fortunately we tried it before he left and though everything showed as okay we still couldn't connect to the internet - using the engineers kit it seemed that the hub was stopping internet connection so a quick reset using the pen in the back of the hub and all is now working.

As the hub reset the phone rang from BT who had picked up this from this forum. We were able to relate the above. (He did tell us that there had been over 40 phone calls about this problem, so I was wrong about my 23!)

Great service here - sack India.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

great

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Brilliant result julyjohnson. Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings
helpfulguy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
glad you got it sorted mate.
0 Ratings