cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jojoclarke99
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Infinity down tw15 AGAIN

So my BT infinity has been intermittent for nearly 2 weeks with the red LOS light coming on. The whole box needs turning off for hours before it will work and tonight it’s gone down for good. BT don’t want to send an engineer to repair it and instead will phone tomorrow!! Do I still need to pay for a service that doesn’t work??
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Infinity down tw15 AGAIN

Welcome to this user forum.

I assume this is a direct fibre connection, and its the ONT which is showing the alarm?

Have you spoken with the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787.

It could be a faulty ONT or a bad fibre connection.

How many times have you reported this fault?

0 Ratings
jojoclarke99
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hi it’s the LOS light that glows red? I get no phone or internet when this happens. I’ve reported the fault about 6 times now. The first engineer claimed it was just my home hub??
Obviously it isn’t and the next engineer didn’t bother turning up at all. I am supposedly getting a call this morning although I’m not sure why, perhaps I have to fix it myself!
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

I assume your phone also comes down the fibre link as well.

This is going to be a fibre or ONT fault, it could even be a dirty or loose fibre connection, it will not be your home hub.

They should start by checking the light level with an optical power meter.

If that is within limits then the ONT needs changing.

I am not sure if one of the moderators can chase this up, but I will ask.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Unfortunately they cannot help, so all you can do is to keep complaining to the FTTP team, and ask them to get Openreach to do the checks that I have suggested.

It Openreach that look after the fibre connections.

0 Ratings
jojoclarke99
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

It would be good if BT just fixed it. Naturally no one has phoned it’s no wonder they are rated worst customer service by which. I pay £80 + a month, I wonder if I didn’t bother paying this month someone might do something. Thanks for your help but BT really shouldn’t need 6 phone calls to fix an issue that is theirs!
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 7 of 8

Just to clarify, there is no reported FTTP problem by Openreach. In fact there is only one affecting 12 customers in the whole of the country in Leytonstone and that is an MBORC one.

Are you dealing with the ordinary helpdesk or using the number of the dedicated FTTP team @Keith_Beddoe has posted above?

0 Ratings
jojoclarke99
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Hi, I am now just dealing with complaints. Apparently if they phone me it will make it all better. I appreciate you trying to help but I’ve no idea what MBORC means or FTTP either! I just know mine is broken, sometimes there’s a red LOS light on and if I turn it off for about 5 hours it then works for another few hours or so before going off again. If anyone can resolve that issue I’d be very grateful.
0 Ratings