Same problem here. Used to be fine
My guess is there's been an upgrade to network software somewhere and the hubs are no longer as compatible as they were. Do those who have new hubs fix the issue notice those new hubs have any different firmware installed?
Happy to say my speed is still up today. So I think I am fixed for the time being.
My speed drops were independent of new IP address assignments from BT and it also made no difference to me whether I used Port1 or Port4 (the high speed port on the hub 3), the speed still dropped each day.
I am genuinely please your service has been stabilised. And I don't think for one second it is related to either port 1 or 4 on the inbuilt hub but I need to try see if the fault is reproducible.
As we all know this issue is with the ISP that we have no control over but it takes so much time to gather the evidence.
Unless you were given a reason why your service was failing you may be susceptible to it again plus it will take you just as long to get it rectified.
As our broadband service becomes a more integral part of our lives they need to make more effort in getting customer issues rectified in a timely fashion.
The methodology of swapping out all the kit every time there is a fault is unsustainable.
Well here we have it tonight the problem remains on the LAN connected PC's, speed test run three times.
So I then fire up the wife's laptop and run the same speed test three times via wireless;
So I connect the same laptop to port 4 on the HH3 (other PC's connected to port 1 via firewall) and disable wireless on the laptop then run the same speed test three times;
OMG Wireless it not affected by the WAN issue?????
Reset WAN connection through HH3 GUI and;
Speed restored to LAN segment WTF is that all about?
What I NEED now is for someone else with the same problem to do the same test. While you have the issue on LAN connected PC's do wireless PC's seem un-affected?
Preferably use the same PC/Laptop to test both the wireless and LAN.
Well I finally set aside an afternoon to call them. My new HH3 is on order lets see if it makes the blindest bit of difference. If it does there must be a hardware issue with the integrated switch on mine. If it doesn't then who knows.
I still think its a firmware issue, and that pulling the WAN cable bounces the network stack fixing the yellow switch ports all-be-it for only a day. Will post back.
mine is doing this too , anyone have a solution yet , we only recently got infinity in our area and i was one fo the first , no problems at first but now its terrible im having to reset the hub 2 or 3 times a day to get the right speed and sometimes then its not as it was wshen first put in.
The guy I spoke to was very nice and clearly not stupid just because English is not his native tongue, but I seriously wonder how long it takes for it to be fed back to the UK that they are swapping out all these HomeHubs.
Bet there is some component in these hubs that is breaking down due to heat within the 1st few weeks or its a firmware bug. If it is a firmware bug everybody should be affected! maybe they are...
Just in case this helps... here's a little bit of diag....
1. Lan speed test (common under 1 meg result)
2. 1 second after the above test, a Wireless speed test showed *full speed* (so wireless is not having an issue)
3. go to http://192.168.1.254/html/settings/a_internet.html
click disconnect (from internet)
click connect (from internet)
4. Lan speed test (after internet has re-connected)
SO, merely disconnecting and then reconnecting, from the web manager solves the issue for a while and while the
LAN side of things has an issue... the wireless doesn't:
HomeHub 3B Firmware: Software version V100R001C01B031SP09_L_B | Time & date 17:42 18/06/2012
Openreach modem model: 3B