cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Infinity enabled area but checker says no...

Hi, my area has already been upgraded to infinity. postcode is wd7 9lt. I believe my cabinet also has, the bt checker says that infinity is not available in my area though, currently I synch at max 11.5mb down and 1.3mb up with adsl24, although the bt checker says the max I will get on my line is 6mb down!
My neighbours about 50 yards away can get the "faster total broadband" which I presume is because they are just that little bit closer to the cabinet? I also read on the forum that when you are offered this it is using fibre but is not infinity as it synch at less than 15mb? I also found a link on the Internet that showed me that I would get an uplift of 3 when my cabinet is done which in theory would mean that I could possibly synch at 30mb+ therefore at infinity speeds. Why can I not order infinity? Is the checker 100% accurate?

Many thanks in advance
David

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 17

Re: Infinity enabled area but checker says no...

Hi David2112,

Yes the checker is spot on.  Its very likely that you and your neighbour are connected to different cabs.  Due to the way areas have been built up over the years and people have taken phone service the cab closest to you is not always the one that serves your home.

Apologies for the disappointment which I can understand.  Best bet is to keep an eye on the checker and it should be available for you soon.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 17

@davidf2012 wrote:
currently I synch at max 11.5mb down and 1.3mb up with adsl24

you should ask your isp adsl24

they should have more information

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 4 of 17

thanks for the replies guys:
My estate is all new build so i presumed we would all be on the same cabinet?
as for asking adsl 24 surely they will just tell me that i cant get fibre the same way as bt's system says no?

Can a mod pls check my postcode and tell me if my cabinet has been done? i think it is cabinet p9
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 17

postcode is wd7 9lt
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 17

you wont know till you ask them
then you can thank me
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 17

your cab p9 should be done
can you see a new cab next to it?
you can check your phone number to see if you can order it will say fttc is available here https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 8 of 17

Yes Bullitt, there is a brand spanking new fibre cab next to it, i reckon im just too far from it though, already checked my phone number (pretty much every day!)
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 9 of 17

it tells me that the max i can get is 3-6mb! which is a load of tosh as like i said im never less that 9
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 10 of 17

how far are you?
0 Ratings