cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Booted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Infinity fault please help

Please can you help with my infinity which has been out of order since 27 July. I reported it to your call center (which is an experiance in its self , bad line quality , lots of background noise and me not being to understand them nr them me)

To cut a long story short, an engineer was booked to visit between 8 and 1pm on Saturday. we waited in and no engineer and what i consider worse is the fact that nobdy bothered to tell me. when i called bt to find out what was going on they spun me some story that the engineer couldlt come to me because the exchange work wasnt dont and they would probably come later that day!

If it wasnt for the fact i work for openreach i would have gone to another supplier long ago the customer service stinks

I have to go through this every few months when i get a fault  which on the last two occasions i have been told was somthing to do with my account settings (whatever that means)

I have had no infiormation from BT since i last called them on Saturday , i have just looked on BT.com at work and its showing my fault as resolved.....it still isnt

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Booted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Infinity fault please help

I forgot to mention that since i feported this on Friday and was asked to reset all the equipment i have not been able to use btvision nor watch ESPN or Sky sports that i pay for

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 11

Hi Booted,

If you can send in your details via the contact us form in the "about me" section of my profile, we can take a look for you.

Cheers,
Chris
BT Moderator Team.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Booted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Chris

I have done as you requested

Thanks

Tony

0 Ratings
Booted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Right. Im getting fed up with this now, im haveing the same grief every few months. yesterday i got a call from india at aroun 3pm asking if imy BB was working I told him i was at work and had checked at lunch time and it still wasnt working , i also asked why it should be fixed when i was told i needed an engineer visit and stayed in on saturday for yet another no show. This was completely ignored and he asked when i would be in, we arranged for him to call me back at 5.15 as i would be going out straight after work, surprise..... he didnt bother, While i was out someone else called (from uk im guessing somthing to do with the complaint i submitted on BT.com) who spoke to my mrs andseemed very helpful, however he asked i i could email him today but only let his first name (Adrian) My Mrs thought it was enough for me to look him up on the directory but its not.
when i got home at 7.30 i rang again but listened to ring tone for 28 minutes after going through the menus only for my call to be cut off........Im not happy
0 Ratings
Booted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

My Fault VOL011-*********** is still showing as resolved when it isn't, I have spent over an hour on the phone to India again today only to be told I require an engineer to visit, (one was supposed to come on Saturday) but they are unable to make an appointment. The customer service is diabolical

0 Ratings
Rottie
Expert
Message 7 of 11

@Booted wrote:

My Fault VOL011-******** is still showing as resolved when it isn't, I have spent over an hour on the phone to India again today only to be told I require an engineer to visit, (one was supposed to come on Saturday) but they are unable to make an appointment. The customer service is diabolical

Hi there,

If I might make a suggestion: Please edit out your VOL number from the post 🙂

This is considered personal information and shouldn't be posted on a public forum 🙂

I hope this info helps 😄

**Edited to exclude OP's VOL number from my quoted text**

0 Ratings
Booted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

thanks
0 Ratings
Booted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

I happened to be at home yesterday at 1pm i got a call from India who asked me if my BB was working when i said no he said ok and hung up on me! are they actually doing anythng in india or are they expecting it to fix its self.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
corsag19
Message 10 of 11

Finally! Someone English who i can discuss my problem with! I am going through the exact same thing Booted.

On 16/07/11 my broadband stopped working.  The orange light is on the hub and the DSL light is flashing on the openreach box.  I called Technical 'Help' on 17/07/11 and reported the problem.  They told me that an engineer had been booked to come out the next morning and fix this........now it isnt the first time and engineers been out. Far from it and we had only started using BT in February this year! However since we had got Infinity everything was working a lot better.

My partner works nights and sat up on Monday waiting for the engineer......he didnt show.  I called Technical 'Help' again and got a thousand apologise and the engineer was booked for Tuesday morning

My parter sat up Tuesday waiting for the engineer.......he didnt show! I called 'help' again. I got another thousand apologise and they told me the issue was at the exchange and the engineer would come Wednesday morning when they had fixed it at the exchange. I live in Ramsbottom.......the exchange for my area is in......Ramsbottom! I drive past it every day so thought it shouldnt take long to fix!

On Wednesday i got a call off the engineer telling me i wasnt in his area and wasnt coming.  The same phone call happened on Thursday and this time he told me he wouldnt be able to get someone out for 2-4 days. While all this was going on i received several phone calls from India giving me several different reasons for the fault.

On Friday i snapped and called the moving home department just to speak to someone English who could understand me and i could understand them! I told them to cancel my broadband and i would find someone else.  He gave me a MAT code for the migration to a new supplier and my partner called Orange (who we had used before BT and had never had a problem with in 4 years! - the only reason we changed to BT is because we moved home and it would take orange 2 weeks to move over)  Orange kindly told my partner that they were unable to supply us with broadband as there computer was showing an error on the line and telling him that we could not have broadband on our line! Thanks for that one BT!

Its now 04/08 and i still have no broadband and i have no faith in ever getting it fixed.  I have been told by Kumar in India that he is dealing with my case and no one else will speak to me, only him.  Well i havent heard any updates from Kimar for two days now and last night i received a call from one of his colleagues asking me if my Broadband issue was resolved.......er no! He then looked on his system and said 'oh yes i can see your having problems with your broadband'!  ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!  He then went on to tell me that the issue was with my hub and he knew this as he had been doing Infinity problems for 3 months now and he was always right.  He said he would book me an engineer to come out (which is this morning 8-1 and its now 12:27 and no engineer has been!) all i could do was laugh and tell him go on then lets have a laugh and see if i can get to 7 engineers booked and 7 engineers not turning up!

I JUST WANT MY BROADBAND FIXED! I JUST WANT TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE ENGLISH WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT! I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS THE PROBLEM AND WHATS BEING DONE TO FIX IT!

As you can tell, im now at the end........i have not faith in BT whatsoever and hope that anyone thinking of joining them will look at the forum and turn back and go with someone else.....anyone else......i wish i had NEVER joined up with BT!

0 Ratings