Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smartie
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Infinity install question

Hi,

So the engineer is booked for next thursday the 3rd & I'm wondering if it's ok just to set up the hh3 myself when it arrives instead of leaving it for him to do, as in putting it where I want it which will be very close to the master socket & connecting the power cable & ethernet cable from the hh3 to my solwise homeplug which I'll be using to send the connection around the house. I don't see the point in leaving it for the engineer to do when I could do it myself.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Infinity install question

Leave it for the engineer mate. No point plugging it in and wasting power till the Openreach modem is in. I guess you could connect it to your home plugs with the Ethernet cable but you may as well just do that once he's gone.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
dcullum
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

I set mine up before the service went live as I had a quite complicated port forwarding setup and I didnt want to cause any disruption to my services when the service went live. In my case I was also changing the IP addres of the device, and while this had no practical consequences, it did mean that the FOn service never went live on my box, even after I activated it online. This was actually a blessing to me, but would depend on yor perspective!

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
smartie
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

One more thing, I have 3 slave sockets in the house which are connected to the master socket, i.e when using the test socket in the past to diagnose adsl issues all the slave sockets are disconnected, do these slave sockets still need to have dsl filters connected to them?
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

once the engineer has fitted the new faceplate to your master socket no they do not need filters
0 Ratings