cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knellehall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Infinity installation date change

After much dithering (as some of you may recall from an earlier post) I decided to order Infinity. The ordering process was easy and I picked my date from those offered taking into account the need to take time off work. The date was 11/11/10 (order date was 03/11/10). I received confirmation for this.

Now I get an email telling me the date is 15/11/10. No reason, no apology, nothing. This is one of the reasons I was hesitant about moving to BT. Sure it's only 4 days difference but I have to creep round my employer now to change my day off (supposed to give a weeks notice). I am now seriously considering cancelling it. You may think that's been bl**dy minded, or just childish or whatever but customer service is important to me. We suffer from it badly here in the UK, my current provider excepted (o2). Their customer service, for me, is very good, it's just a pity they can't offer the speed due to my line length. In fact they keep asking me (by text & email) if they can persuade me to stay. Might do now.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
jezster
Beginner
Message 2 of 10

Re: Infinity installation date change

As much as I would stay stick with it, I've regretted moving from O2 to BT.  The customer service I receive has diminished in quality and while the connection is faster, it drops all the time! Sigh.  In Basingstoke the cabling is poor, or so a Engineer told me.  If Infinity can be repaired for me then maybe I will change my view.

However if you have a trusty Volkswagen that works everyday with no frills, and you are offered a Sports Car with a massive turbo for the same price then you jump.  Sadly when you start the engine off the sports car the doors fall off... then about 1 mile down the road the rear wheels fall off and you end up were you started.  Only less reliable.

0 Ratings
jezster
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Should point out that the last paragraph is rather selfish .. your mileage may vary BOOM BOOM..
0 Ratings
knellehall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Yeah, very funny, but I get your drift.

0 Ratings
jezster
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

This morning my connection is 38.7Mb down and 8.2Mb up... perfect and great.  I will let you know if it is like that later...

0 Ratings
CeriE
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

This morning I have no broadband connection, I have no installation date for Infinity and am still amazed by the contempt with which BT treats its customers.

0 Ratings
knellehall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

OK so after 20mins on the phone to BT I cancelled. I was told that the dates you can select are the dates for delivery of the equipment. Now maybe I missed it but I am sure it was the installation date. In fact the order confirmation that was emailed to me clearly states 'Installation date', and why would you be given the choice of the time (am/pm) just for a delivery not to mention dozens of alternative dates?

Coincidently almost at the same time as getting my cancellation email (which I was told couldn't be done) I got another one to say my equipment would be delivered on the 11th by Royal Mail ANYTIME up till 6.00pm!! (I selected a.m !!).

All in all not impressed.

Staying with o2 I think.

0 Ratings
CeriE
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

There's been continued faffing about with my Infinity order - the existing order (that was raised after the original was cancelled) has now itself been cancelled and a new one raised with an activation date of today. Also received a form message earlier that says they'll be in touch within 48 hours. I'll not hold  my breath but it's somewhat reassuring that it's not just me in Basingstoke that's having issues.

0 Ratings
spacepilot
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

i am having it done on the 16/11/2010, delivery of the stuff normally take 3 working days. i have picked a morning installation, as the engineers are notoriously know to miss afternoon appointments if they are running late, then it can take up to 3 weeks to get another appointment.

welcome to the world of last wednesday week.

there's now't wrong with 2 cans and a piece of string. at certain times, it is often faster.

0 Ratings
knellehall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

CeriE, no you are not the only one, sorry to hear. I am a long way from you (Morley, Leeds) but it seems distance holds no bounds!

Although I am a little dissapointed in not getting the fast speeds I was wanting I simply can't put up with poor customer service. I deal with customers all day every day, so when I'm the customer I want to get the same level of service I have to give. Don't think that's too much to ask. Whilst it's not the individuals fault (usually), with large companies like BT it's down to training and systems.

Anyway enough of my rant, and as this will probably be my last post here - good luck!!!!

0 Ratings