cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Infinity installed finally. Speed not as advertised

My Infinity FTTP was finally installed after a few months of pain. The engineer was great and did the job in less than two hours.

The only problem is the speed is not as advertised. I'm getting on average 275 down and 20 up Smiley Happy

The engineer did mention when installing it was a 330 install he was doing. After the install he told me to check speed and it was 270 ish and has stayed the same since.

Really happy, was looking forward to 160 down but this is excellent.

One question if anyone knows. I'm supposed to have fibre phone and have got the email saying it activates today and what to do. Do I have to wait for the 'Tel' light to illuminate before I plug the phone in and call the number? As of the time of this post it still hasn't lit up and my copper line service terminates today according to the order page on 'My BT'.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Infinity installed finally. Speed not as advertised

Are you part of the 330 trial? Or FTTP on Demand trial?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

To be honest I'm not sure. When I originally ordered it a few months ago Infinity 3 was 100Mb and I was told I will be on the 160Mb trial. I had install problems and since then Infinity 3 became 160Mb as standard so I'm wondering if I am part of the 330 trial. Anyway not complaining speeds is great Smiley Wink

Still a little worried about my order page that says my phone line service (copper) will cease today and the Tel light on the ONT hasn't lit up yet so I can connect the phone line to it.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 5

@happyslayeruk wrote:

To be honest I'm not sure. When I originally ordered it a few months ago Infinity 3 was 100Mb and I was told I will be on the 160Mb trial. I had install problems and since then Infinity 3 became 160Mb as standard so I'm wondering if I am part of the 330 trial. Anyway not complaining speeds is great Smiley Wink

Still a little worried about my order page that says my phone line service (copper) will cease today and the Tel light on the ONT hasn't lit up yet so I can connect the phone line to it.

If you're on the demand trial you will have to pay for the fibre to your house, If i'm correct where as the 330 trial fibre is paid by Openreach.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I paid nothing extra just ordered Infinity option 3. I'm in a FTTP area, I can't get FTTC.

Speed still at 275 Mbps so I assume my original 100Mb order with 160Mb trial has also upgraded to a 330Mb trial when Infinty option 3 was upgraded to 160Mb.

My copper phine line is still working even though my order page says it will cease on the 22nd. Had an email explaining how to activate the fibre phone line so I'm just waiting for the light to come on on the ONT.

0 Ratings