cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmehr
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Infinity installed in location I did not want due to OR training >:(

I had infininty installed earlier today and I am happy with the speeds I get via cable 30-35Mbps down and 6-7Mbps up

Wireless is half the speed due to the over lapping networks from neighbours and lots of other factors for it.

I wanted my master moving into the hallway as thats more of a sensible point to have everything and have the current master converted into an extension which is in the window sill in the living room.
If the window is to get replaced the phone socket would have to be removed and the cable would get cut and it gets damp around the window even though the room is well ventilated.

The Openreach bloke who came said he could not do this as he isnt trained to do it, just to install broadband

So now how do I go about getting this moved as I will now have to take another day off work for this to be done and knowing BT they will want to put the £130 call out fee to do it which I will be annoyed at if they do

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Infinity installed in location I did not want due to OR training >:(

from other similar posts it appears that the engineer can make an existing extension socket into the master as part of the installation but I don't think they will create a new master socket.  was yours a conversion of extension to master?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jimmehr
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

There is no socket where I wanted the master to be.

Sales said the engineer would install one and convert the existing master into an extension.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 6

Have you complained to Sales?
0 Ratings
jonstatt
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Although they "could" create a new master, that isn't part of the Infinity install remit. What they should have done at the very least is install a data extension socket at the place you wanted to connect your mode/router/computer. You have every right to complain about this install and get it corrected.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

check the forum but I'm sure that they only convert extension to a master and not create a brand new master socket as part of the installation

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings