BT installed today.. get a nice 73mb down and 16 up, I already had a billion 7800n which has a ewan port,
basically when I use the home hub I get the above speed but with my 7800 I only get 32mb down and 13mb up, any ideas?
I've got a billion 7800n and was upgraded to the new BT Infinity speeds on Friday.
The upload speed is now showing around 17Mb and but my download speed has remained the same, about 35Mb.
I phoned BT Customer Services and they state give the line 10 days to settle and then call back if problem still exists.
Could the download issue be related to the 7800n as meandu229 suggests?
I've raised a support issue with Billion UK http://www.billion.uk.com/esupport/ to get their steer on this and also upgrade the firmware to Bipac 7800N Firmware 1.06f.dc1 but it hasn't affected the speed.
Updated post with latest speedtest:
Spent this morning looking at this changing MTUs a etc etc. eventually did a hard reset (held down reset button for few seconds) and 1st thing I did was put in EWAN details and got the below bit of a pain having to set everything up again but it worked for me so it may work for you salty, maybe there is an issue moving from adsl to ewan or something on these routers, Any im happy as pie thanks for suggestions
Date of Speed Test:Download Speed:Upload Speed:
|73075 kbps (9134.4 KB/sec transfer rate)|
|13575 kbps (1696.9 KB/sec transfer rate)|
I was already on Infinity but will go for the factory reset later when I've got a bit more time. Got a heap of QoS and Port settings I need to configure so not looking forward to having to type all that back in.
After a factory reset my speed is now topping at 70Mb download..
After some investigation the problem seems to be related to QoS settings in the Billion.
I imported the old settings into a factory reset working config and my download speed went back to 35Mb.
For those who have issues with the download speed after upgrade, I would suggest doing a back and then editing the backup file and removing the QoS settings.
Delete everything inside and including these tags:
Once removed do a factory reset and then import that setting file in. It might save some time having to reenter all your settings again.
Glad you got it sorted and thanks for the tip , I hope it leads others to a fast resolution also.
Enjoy you 70mb 😄
Hiya, Just had to register to echo the solution to this issue. I also had capped 35mbps speeds until i removed the QoS entries I had when on ADSL. Now it back up to the 60mbps.
Thanks for your troubleshooting.