cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ninjoid
Contributor
Message 11 of 41

Re: Infinity is slow, especially wireless

Spoke too soon...speed has crashed down again to 3Mb download from a wired connection.

Can you guys please look into this again for me?  All seemed fine a couple of hours ago....but the speed is fluctuating as you can see.

thanks

bb1.jpg

0 Ratings
Ninjoid
Contributor
Message 12 of 41

Just dropped to under 1Mb download with a wired connection....

0 Ratings
Ninjoid
Contributor
Message 13 of 41

Is this suggesting an issue at the cabinet or our house?  Funny that the speed picked up to normal for a couple of hours and now we've got the same issues that we had last night.  Yet the speed from the exchange to home is the normal download speed we get with a wired connection.

bb2.jpg

0 Ratings
Ninjoid
Contributor
Message 14 of 41

6am Thurs 17/10 - speed seems to be back to what I'd call normal.

Why is it fluctuating like this and slowing down to a crawl on an evening and then appearing to return to normal early on a morning?

Going to keep a regular check of the speeds throughout today.

Disappointed as I thought we had it cracked 😞

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 41

could you try the BT speedtest using a wired connection the last result you have posted suggest a problem between your home hub and your PC
0 Ratings
Ninjoid
Contributor
Message 16 of 41

John - that is wired connection..or do you mean plug my ethernet cable directly into the LAN1 socket on the modem?

Waiting for callback between 2pm & 4pm today.  Been keeping our own record...speed is fine during the day but once we hit from 6pm we go on mega slow down all evening....then it's back to normal when we get up on the morning - this has been happening since Monday for us.

Wired via the hub has been what I would call normal speed around 33Mb download and wireless about 16-18Mb download.

Upload speed has never been affected and is costantly around 6-7Mb both wired and wireless - which is normal for our connection.

See what call back says but something certainly happening during peak time 6pm till late....no other connections on the home network just the one laptop.

0 Ratings
Ninjoid
Contributor
Message 17 of 41

BT just rang...explained situation...with speed dropping early evening....engineer arranged for Monday PM.

BT can't see an issue from their side so could be a cabinet issue or something in our house....the fact we're getting normal speed all day until early evening suggests that it's not in our house as otherwise we wouldn't be getting that speed during the day if we had a cabling issue.

See what gives over the weekend and on Monday after the visit.

0 Ratings
Ninjoid
Contributor
Message 18 of 41

Right into early evening on Friday 18/10 and our download speed has dramatically reduced again from being solid all day at our normal speed.

Upload speed is unchanged....suggests to me download traffic when people get home may be causing the issue, can't see what else it could be unless there is something in the system that automatically reduces our speed from tea time onwards.

Been solid at normal download speed, (33Mb) all day until 5pm when we dropped to 7.40Mb, then it was down to 6Mb at 5:30pm and at 6pm we are now at 5Mb again.

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 41

Judging by the report picture,I agree with John,the cause is somewhere on your PC [maybe a background internet biased program starts in the evening],or in your home,but using ethernet, devices in your home should not matter.

There are lots of Micosoft based services that use bandwidth,like updates and other services.

0 Ratings
Ninjoid
Contributor
Message 20 of 41

Nah, it's nothing like that...no changes have been made to my laptop...it's the same on other devices in the home...PS3 and other PC's....all run fine during the day but lag in the evening.

Cheers for help though

0 Ratings