cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 41

Re: Infinity is slow, especially wireless

As you have left the ticket open with the mods,I suggest that you get back to them using the same ticket reference letting them know that you still need thier help with this problem.

0 Ratings
Ninjoid
Contributor
Message 22 of 41

Thanks Ironman - will do....will see what engineer has to say on Monday afternoon...seems odd that a few people on the boards are experiencing similar issues on an evening too.....

Thanks for replying, much appreciated.

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 23 of 41

I proberly will be out of order here [again], but one thing that comes to mind is that BT Sport uses bandwidth mostly in the evenings,and it just might be borrowing it from the customers.?

0 Ratings
Ninjoid
Contributor
Message 24 of 41

You never know Ironman...just started happening for us since Monday...no probs in over 2yrs and now this.  Sounds like congestion somewhere along the line (no pun intended).

Just to make doubly sure I've tried other devices connected on their own with similar results....really bothering me this one, as you can probably tell......just don't like it when we've gone from being totally happy with the speed to this and it's nothing we can effect.

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 41

I agree,it would be great if we at least knew why,but it looks like our speeds [profiles] are being controlled by BT/BTW or OR,trouble is it`s hard to prove I guess.

I have a thread of my own on that very subject,but most members just do not want to believe that the DLM is not fully auto.

0 Ratings
Ninjoid
Contributor
Message 26 of 41

Indeed....sitting here now at just gone 11pm, upstairs running on wireless and the speed is creeping back up....end of peak period perhaps?

I'm sure when I get up in the morning and wire it the speed will be back to normal....something definitely going on during the evening peak period imho.

0 Ratings
Ninjoid
Contributor
Message 27 of 41

Well I wasn't wrong.....

7:15am wired connection download speed 34.81Mb wired and 19.81Mb wireless.....back to normal.

Network/cabinet congestion during late afternoon/evening peak times or am I being capped during these times?

It's been the same pattern all week,

0 Ratings
Ninjoid
Contributor
Message 28 of 41

Since the Newcastle v Liverpool game has started on BT Sport my speed has dropped dramatically - is this telling the story?

Been at 32-34Mb all day until kick off where I'm now down to 7Mb download.

Peak time weekend + football match live = reduction in speed?

Windows 7 in safe mode with networking produces the same speed....got to be network congestion at peak times or when football is on, which isn't good.

I really hope this gets resolved soon...I'm just not confident that an engineer visit will suffice, but we'll see.

0 Ratings
Ninjoid
Contributor
Message 29 of 41

Speed fluctuating since 1pm and hasn't returned to normal as at 8:30pm, 19/10....in the main been getting wired speeds at least 20Mb less than normal.....and in some cases back down to between 4-7Mb download.

As it's weekend I'm still thinking congestion...reading another thread got me thinking but if it was a faulty moden or hub then surely I wouldn't be getting normal speeds during the quiet parts of the day?

That said would an engineer carry a hub in order to test or would BT send me a replacement if required?

0 Ratings
Ninjoid
Contributor
Message 30 of 41

Sunday 20/10 8am.....and we're back to normal speed....surprise, surprise.....

33.86mb download at 8am.

0 Ratings