To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Ninjoid
Contributor
Message 32 of 41

Re: Infinity is slow, especially wireless

How do I do that please?  Thanks

It's ok...worked it out...ta

Speed at 9:55am same through direct connection as through the hub...interesting to see what gives when speed does drop and I try this.

0 Ratings
Ninjoid
Contributor
Message 33 of 41

Slowdown has kicked in again after lunch.....have tried it with a wired connection from my modem to my pc with the same result....meaning the HH3 is ok.

Dramatic drop from 32-34Mb in the morning to around 6-10Mb this afternoon....upload speed unchanged and isn't an issue.

0 Ratings
Ninjoid
Contributor
Message 34 of 41

Engineer due tomorrow afternoon....speed has been down all afternoon and evening....off to bed now and we've hit just over 2Mb download.

IP profile is 34.41Mbps.

Will let the mods know how it goes..had a mail from BT (Chris) this afternoon so will mail back once engineer has been.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Ninjoid
Contributor
Message 35 of 41

Latest position:

Engineer called this afternoon and all tested out ok into our house.  So he went to the exchange to run a few more tests.  Was gone over an hour and came back to say that there were issues with the cabling for our connection so he has stripped back the cabling and put new connections in place.

He did say that our IP profile would be reset - currently we are at 35.73Mps and the speed is acceptable currently at 5pm, though I will be checking throughout the evening and forthcoming days....I'm not seeing speeds as low as 3Mb as before...but that could still be to come.

Because of the IP reset he said we would have to wait the obligatory 10 days for the line to stabilise....hopefully the IP reset won't result in reduced speed.

Will let you know how it goes over the coming days.

0 Ratings
Ninjoid
Contributor
Message 36 of 41

.....and the speed has gradually been reducing since 5:30pm.....if the engineer found no faults line wise then this has to be network congestion, hasn't it?  I appreciate the speed may fluctuate during the 10 day period following IP reset but the pattern here is plain to see....ok during the day but evening time when people are home and using their connections our speed drops....

Can anything be done about network congestion?

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 37 of 41

Not without stopping BT Sport Ninjoid,but that is very unlikely.:)

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 38 of 41

It's often congestion at the gateway you connect to - the hop after your router on a trace route.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 39 of 41

Yep, agreed legitimise_sailing, the gateway is the most critical point on the network.

0 Ratings
Ninjoid
Contributor
Message 40 of 41

Update 22/10...probably tempting fate but so far as at 8pm we've had no drop in speed...wired at 33-35Mb....probs spoke too soon now!

0 Ratings