cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WillC9999
Message 1 of 15

Infinity not working, had enough of dire customer support

To summarise, I bought a product from you which doesn't work and have experienced dreadful and ineffective customer support. You now expect me to take a day off work without compensation in order to fix it. I am not prepared to spend any more evenings wasting my time talking to an incompetent call centre. Can you either sort it out or refund me and I'll go elsewhere. I am posting on here in a bid to actually speak to a BT employee who understands my language, problem and total exasperation.
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Infinity not working, had enough of dire customer support

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

0 Ratings
WillC9999
Message 3 of 15

I really don't care any more. I stand more chance getting it sorted here as I do going through the call centre.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

You won't stand any chance if you don't post more information than you already have. If you supply what the problem is then somebody may be able to help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

Have you just had infinity installed?  Did the engineer show you the connection was working before he left? Any lights on the hub?  Did you try a factory reset?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
WillC9999
Message 6 of 15

Got an email saying it was ready. Installed kit. Red flashing light indicating BB line fault. Reset etc. no change. Call #1 1hr line fault engineer coming tomorrow, bug no need to access house. Next day same fault. Call #2 45mins line fault engineer coming tomorrow, no engineer was booked yesterday. Call#3 tried UK number. Put through to India again. They are incoherent and I don't trust what they say. Is there anything I can try? Am IT literate. Have got router plugged into master socket using ADSL box. Phone works fine. How do I know if they have even connected me up to infinity?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

Do you have any other sockets in your home which are in use such as sky?  If so they also need to be filtered

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
WillC9999
Message 8 of 15

One other connected to phone using filter. That's it. Have other sockets but nothing plugged in.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

If router flashing red sounds like no connection. I think you need mod help and they will post a contact us link when reading this post probably tomorrow. 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

0 Ratings
WillC9999
Message 10 of 15

At this point I would bake a cake for anyone who can resolve my problem humanely.
0 Ratings