cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sahotaquack
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

Infinity on PS3...Wi-fi help

Okay, im due for a install tomorrow, i wanted some opinions on where i should have the hub located. I hear that the max on wireless speed you can get on ps3 is about 4mb,can anyone confirm this? But can hit the full 40mb if wired.

But if i locate the hub by my ps3 i will only get 3/5 bar wireless connection on my laptop in my bedroom (where i prodominently use my laptop) will this make much difference? 

Which will be best? I want to play on ps3 while watching HD films or downloading  without lag on ps3.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
mccann
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Infinity on PS3...Wi-fi help

Its upto you mate, whats more important for ya?

For me, I can't warm to wireless at all for gaming, its ok for iphone etc, but I find my connection far more stable when using wired, that why I ran cat5 throughout the house.

Get some cat5 and clip it nice and neatly around the skirting to your ps3 perhaps?

dweller770
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Infinity on PS3...Wi-fi help

I get 38Mbs wired with my connection via my laptop.  I can get 34/36Mbs via my laptop wireless with 4 bars. The max I have had over wireless for the PS3 is 6Mbs The max I can get wired is 23mbs. I don't know anybody that can get their full connection speed when they are connected to their PS3.

Hope this helps