cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 54

Re: Infinity option 2 80/20 but only receiving 40/10

Can you confirm what the DSL checker says for your speed?
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 22 of 54

Yes its a telephone pole.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 54

@xxallitaxx wrote:
Both the engineers sent were from bt, and when I spoke to a person over the phone I asked them to read me both reports and they had both reported it being on 40/10 at the exchange. So its weird how they both say the same thing. They have now said if I want another engineer I have to pay £99 . This is so stressful.

I would do as @ray_dorset  has posted and see what result you get from the telephone checker

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 54

@xxallitaxx wrote:
Yes its a telephone pole.

There maybe a fault somewhere from the pole to your house

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 25 of 54

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number  on Exchange FLEETWOOD is served by Cabinet 7
Available Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Featured Products

WBC FTTC Up to 27.9 Up to 5.6 -- Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 15 -- 8.5 to 19 Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 15 Up to 1.5 8.5 to 19 Available
ADSL Max Up to 7 -- 6 to 8 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- Available
For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage. Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Nov-2013. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 30-Nov-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Nov-2013.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.
Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 54

Please remove your telephone number from your post, as this is a public forum. Thank you.

From the result you have posted, it looks like you do have a lower quality line than before and therefore that is why you have a slower speed. There is nothing you can do about your speed, unless you wait and pay for a full fibre option that BT will be doing in the future.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 27 of 54

Removed my number thanks, So as I know all the wiring in my house is new.....if it was the wiring from the pole to my house that was faulty , is it bt`s responsibility to get me a new one?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 28 of 54

No, according to the checker you are getting the correct speeds.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 54

@xxallitaxx wrote:
Removed my number thanks, So as I know all the wiring in my house is new.....if it was the wiring from the pole to my house that was faulty , is it bt`s responsibility to get me a new one?

You're very welcome. As far as the wiring from the pole to your house is concerned that would be a matter of complaining to BT and getting them to send Openreach to fix it, but your main problem is that your estimate is about the speed you are getting, so it would be a hard job convincing BT that there is a problem.

For now, you will have to accept that you are getting the max speed that your line can handle.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 30 of 54

I understand, its just annoying that im paying for option 2 when im not recieving the speeds. I dont understand why they informed me they would stay the same???
0 Ratings