cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 41 of 54

Re: Infinity option 2 80/20 but only receiving 40/10

I dont understand what all the fuss is about, 27000Kbps is a fantastic speed to your PC and you should be really pleased!. Think about the poor chaps around the country that are still on Dial Up connection!. I understand your old house was faster connection but the house your in now probably takes a different route to the cab, that is why the lower speeds. Of course there can be other factors as well. Be positive about the situation, there is nothing you can do, dont be negative, be happy and enjoy your Infinity connection!!!. 🙂

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
http://bthomehub.home/
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 42 of 54

I understand what your saying, but my point is im paying for higher speeds that im not getting and they wont change my package! Also when you have a big family like mine and were all on the net it crashes , goes slow, takes ages to load up so its not that good.(Its not my laptop e.t.c as they are all top of the range). Ive even got the hub 4 now and no difference. Plus the engineer said its the same root to the cabinet as across the road.  To sum up, I cant wait for my contract to end Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 43 of 54

@xxallitaxx wrote:
The thing thats annoying is the estimate on my contract is 59.1mb

So they estimated a much higher speed when you signed up? They have clearly broken the contract then. Have you contacted the Mods with this information?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 44 of 54

Yep , ive told BT and theres nothing they can do as im in a contract so they said I cant end it either without paying a termination charge. To be honest ive had enough of ringing them as you get passed to different ppl all the time and no one knows whats going on. It was only yesterday I contacted them again about the situation and unknown to me they told me I havnt paid a bill since january. So after hours on the phone again even though they appologised for the mistake(as I have been paying my bills) I got no further with my problem.......As for today im having a day off from all the stress arrgghhhhh!!! lol
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 45 of 54

Hi xxallitaxx

The other thing to remember is that if you are on Infinty Option 2 then you have unlimited monthly usage. So, if you do have a large family then you can take advantage being able to download / upload lots of data with no cap or excess fees for going over the cap.

ptan

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 46 of 54

Again this is not fast at all........Its running at between 1 and 2mb today!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 54

Hi there,

I have been reading your post with great interest. As after 3 months of trying BT managed to get the broadband working, I switched from Sky unlimited (non fibre) to BT infiinity 2.

On Sky Copper wire non fibre I got about 12-15mbs.

I am now getting between 13-16mb on the super dooper fast fibre broadband.

I've had a few engineers around and learnt a bit about how it all works, from these forums. I told the engineer I was not happy about the speed. He said he wondered if I was on a 40/10 rather than an 80/40.

I pleaded with him to do more diagnostics rather than leave me at the mercy of the BT cant centre (I mean call centre sorry). I know what you mean about taking a day off from the stress of calling them!

So he used his portable router to test my best speed possible (17mb) and even went back to the cabinet to check and test and he confirmed I am on 40/10 and told me to contact my ISP.

So now I am learning as much as I can before I speak to BT tomorrow.

It seems to me in your case clearly two engineers confirmed your on a 40/10 because of you living on that street and getting higher speeds you know the only thing left to rule out is the telegraph pole wiring, or for ISP to stop throttling your service somehow and move you to 80/40.

The big problem is the disconnet between openreach and BT who seem to constantly be at odds with each other. Seems BT and "experts" on here find it very embarassing when their engineers lets slip information they really do not want the average customer to know!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 48 of 54

Before you start ringing up do a couple of checks first.

Go here, enter your phone number and see what your estimated speed is.

Then Go here and run the speed test. Once complete click on Further Dignostics.

Post back the results of both checks including your IP Profiles.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 49 of 54

ok im going to do a new post for this rather than hijack this one!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 50 of 54

Good idea.

0 Ratings