Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Infinity order accepted....but Openreach say 'coming soon'

Go to solution

Hi,

Bit of an odd one; I have been waiting for FTTC for a while now and was told I could now place an order for BTi which I've done, the site accepted it and I have an installation date of 23-Jan. Great! However after a little digging around it seems that according to the BT Openreach checker my exchange is 'coming soon' and has an RFC date of 1st March 12.

So something isn't right here, either Openreach's data is incorrect or the Burgess Hill exchange isn't actually enabled yet and I'm not going to get installed when they say I am, this could be a major issue as I will end up with no broadband and as I work from home this could be a major FUBAR.

Any ideas what could be occuring here?

Thanks

Neil

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Infinity order accepted....but Openreach say 'coming soon'

Go to solution
The RFS date is a prediction not a definitive date so it may well have been completed sooner than 01/03. If the order has been accepted that means that OR's data shows your line can have fibre. Even if there is an error and the engineer can't order it, your existing ADSL shouldn't be ceased.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

@Webby wrote:
The RFS date is a prediction not a definitive date so it may well have been completed sooner than 01/03. If the order has been accepted that means that OR's data shows your line can have fibre. Even if there is an error and the engineer can't order it, your existing ADSL shouldn't be ceased.

Thanks, except I'm not sure I agree about the current DSL supply, I'm moving from Sky to BT and so is my phone line so if the line moves to BT and there is nothing to replace the broadband then I'm pretty sure I will have no internet. Bit nervous this is going to end badly. Man Sad

Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution
Ah OK. I wouldn't worry about it, if the order has been accepted I'm sure it'll be fine 😉
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

@wingedwraith wrote:

@Webby wrote:

Thanks, except I'm not sure I agree about the current DSL supply, I'm moving from Sky to BT and so is my phone line so if the line moves to BT and there is nothing to replace the broadband then I'm pretty sure I will have no internet. Bit nervous this is going to end badly. Man Sad

There are occasions when having the BB and line activated on the same day can cause problems.

If you get a message saying an engineer visit is now not needed, then start worrying because there could be a few days delay between line and broadband.

There are also posts saying that dual installs have gone without a hitch, so lets keep our fingers crossed that all goes well.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks guys, I'm still not sure this is going to happen on the 23rd as I a niggling feeling that my exchange isn't enabled and the BT Infinity site is using incorrect data to allow orders to be placed.

We will see.

Neil

Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
www.superfast-openreach.co.uk

Put your postcode into the map and it'll tell you if your exchange is Accepting orders 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
I would worry. Exactly the same experience for me coming from sky:

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Moving-From-Sky/td-p/358443

And now I'm left with no Broadband and who knows when Infinity will be available.

Neal.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

......that being the case anyone know how I can get one of the Forum mods involved in this so they can look into it?

N.

Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

@wingedwraith wrote:

......that being the case anyone know how I can get one of the Forum mods involved in this so they can look into it?

N.

If you feel you need too you can fill out this form click here   it can take up to 3 days before they respond by phone or email.

Best to wait and see what happens first, it may all go well for you.

Good luck

0 Ratings