Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 12

Re: Infinity order accepted....but Openreach say 'coming soon'

Go to solution

Thanks, I'll do that.

Interestingly enough we have got up this morning to find that our phone line has been ceased, I am assuming this is a result of the request to move the line from Sky to BT but it does seem a little quick and abrupt, or is this common? The BT line activation is not due to happen until the 23rd.

Very odd.

Neil

Contributor
Message 12 of 12

Re: Infinity order accepted....but Openreach say 'coming soon'

Go to solution

As a follow up to this, I tweeted my problem and heard back from one of the BT Care lads over in Ireland, tell you what they are worth their weight in gold (I wonder if BT know what a good team they have there).

Dominic was ultra-professional and helped out by checking with both Openreach, Wholesale and the Infinity teams to find out that the exchange is enabled and we should be all ok for the 23rd. It seems the information on Openreach's own site is not updated hence the mismatch between the Infinity ordering system and Openreach's rollout plans/status checker (this would also explain why Samknows info is also wrong).

Unfortunately he couldn't help with the lack of phone line, however this isn't BT's fault, this must be Sky actioning it way too early. To be honest I can probably do without the landline for a couple of weeks whilst the switch is done.

So, at face value it looks like everything is in place for the 23rd. I will update again once I have the installation and let you know what occurs.

Cheers

Neil