Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartyS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Infinity order in crisis

Go to solution

My first post in the forum is about ordering issues, I cannot resolve this through the normal route, having tried numerous times including discussions with Easy Assist and Infinity Order Management.

In summary I ordered Infinity 1 by mistake and what I want is Infinity 2. From 24/02 to 06/03 there has been a catalogue of errors and my order is in a real mess. Here are the details:

I ordered Infinity 1 online on 24/02/14, paid £141 for line rental saver, £30 install charge plus £6.95 for delivery of the kit. Immediately I realised Infinity 2 is what I want and phoned within an hour to request an order amendment.

I was advised an order amendment was not possible. I would have to cancel my order and start again after 24 hours, I would receive a full refund. Although it appeared a little odd that an order just placed could not be amended, I agreed and my order was cancelled for me.

24 hours later the order was still active... 48 hours later order still active... Chased numerous times via 151, I have lost count of the number of times.  

Phoned again to chase things up, got through to Easy Assist (by accident) there was a problem, parts of the order apparently were not cancelled. It would be sorted in 48 hours and someone would phone me to confirm. 

Waited another 48 hours, order still not cancelled. Tried to phone easy assist, found it impossible via the automated operator which does not respond to "easy assist". Chased again via 151, promised a fix again.  

I eventually managed to contact Infinity Order Management, who apologised profusely, to their credit they admitted that my order cancellation had not happened at all and they would resolve it by 03/03/14, I could re-order on 04/03/14. Someone would own the problem, (they didn’t)  Someone would phone me to confirm, (they didn’t). 

05/03/14 My order is still not cancelled. The new home hub turned up today. Phoned Infinity Order Management again on their direct line, was put in the overflow queue, got through to India who said when asked that they were Infinity Order Management but after spending 10 minutes expalining the problem it turned out they were not and they put me back in a queue to guess where... Infinity Order Management.  

05/03/14 Eventually I got through to Infinity Order Management who now say the BT part was cancelled but no-one had bothered to check the Openreach order which is still active. I have been promised a fix but that has happened 5 or 6 times already.     

06/03/14 My order is still active. I'm now desperate to make sure Openreach don't install fibre om Monday.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Infinity order in crisis

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
StuartH
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi MartyS

Welcome to the forum.

In my profile you will find a link to contact the mods please fill this out for me and we will investigate.

Thanks

Stuart

Icaruss
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Just out of curiosity, can you not just upgrade to infinity 2 once fibre broadband is installed? or it can't be done?

I am not infinity user, or even a BT customer, so know nothing about how BT infinity packages work.

Super-farce net user.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Before anything gets changed, have you carried out a check to see if it will be worth getting Infinity 2.

Use this checker. You won't be able to use the phone checker if you don't have a BT line but you should be able to use the address checker. It is not as accurate as the phone checker but it should give you a reasonable guide to what speed you can get.

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

MartyS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Icaruss, 

The apparently simplest option was to cancel and start again. In hindsight I would have just let it run, as you suggest. I've been told it's too late now to carry on with the order because some components have been cancelled, others have not, so I assume the new contract would not be set up right on the system.      

0 Ratings
MartyS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks gg30340, I've taken your advice and used the Broadband checker on my line, it shows FTTC A available Downstream 79.6 to 59.9  Upstream 20 - 19.6 FTTC B Downstream 70.3 - 41.3 Upstream 20 - 13.9 The cable from the cabinet to the house is only about 50ft so if it's a clean connection from end to end it should be a good service (I hope). My current copper service is slow at around 3 meg.   

0 Ratings
MartyS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Re: Infinity order in crisis -

Go to solution

StuartH resolved my stuck order which had fallen down several cracks in the system, it was far from straightforward and much of the work was done out of hours and over the weekend. I had a complete solution and follow up. This was above and beyond expectations and really was the best support experience I can recall from any major utility. All credit to you StuartH, thank you.     

0 Ratings