Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 12

Infinity phone line.?

Go to solution

I am having Infinity installed on the 20th July,and have been assured that a new line will be installed before that date so that the OR engineer can do his work.

I still have not had the line installed to my home,is this ALL done on the 20th.?

Or should it be done before my infinity install date.?

11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 12

Re: Infinity phone line.?

Go to solution

Hi

I suggest that you go back to the dept that you ordered it through or call 0800 800 150 or 0330 123 4150 and get them to confirm all the dates.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
seab20
Expert
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

You need to make sure the don't try to install the line on the same day as the broadband as openreach will cancel the broadband order if the line is not active before the installation day, other than that you will be fine

Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

@seab20 wrote:

You need to make sure the don't try to install the line on the same day as the broadband as openreach will cancel the broadband order if the line is not active before the installation day, other than that you will be fine

What seab20 says is right, remember you have been warnedSmiley Wink

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

I have contacted the same dept on 0800 800 150 and have been assured that 2 engineers will install my Infinity on the 20th,one will install my new phone line and the other will do the broadband bit.

BTW: I have also been told that they will both be OR engineers and that they will sort out the details on the day to ensure that the phone and broadband get installed and activated at the same time.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

As advised by the previous posts you must get line installed prior to being enabled for any broadband product otherwise if done on same day it wont happen

0 Ratings
seab20
Expert
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Like toekneem said, you have been warned, I've seen too many times where this does not happen, openreach say that they will not install infinity on the same day as a phone line in case there are any issues with the phone line, as they don't want to waste engineer time. My advice would be to tell them that you want it on different dates, you might get lucky and it all goes to plan but I wouldn't risk it as you could be waiting over a week for another free engineer slot for your infinity to be installed. BT retail book the appointments but they obviously don't know how BT openreach work.

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

I will ring them again tomorrow to be sure,but the lady on the line told me that in my area OR do phone lines and infinity and that both engineers would be OR guys.

My wife had a phone fault a short time back and the engineer was from OR not BT.

Also the guy living across the road from me also says that he had 2 engineers from OR when he had his installed all on the same day,so I should be ok.?

Thanks for the info though,as asking them to install the phone line a few days earlier might work better.

0 Ratings
seab20
Expert
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

OR manage all the lines, BT retail do not have their own engineers just like any other ISP, But BT retail are the ones who arrange appointments, OR are not however guaranteed to keep them. It might go more smoothly if they are now familiar with the process, just that it has not worked out many times in the past. If you can live without the infinity for a week if it does go wrong then you will be fine, but if you definitely want to make sure there are no problems it makes sense to get the line up and running a day or so early.

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Just to update this thread:
I had the phone line and Infinity installed on the same day,today 20th July as was promised,in fact 3 OR vans turned up at 11AM even though my install time was in fact 1-6PM.:)
One guy installed the phone line while the other 2 got on with some work at the cap box down the road,they all had a chat over tea,and the job was finished at about 12:30PM and activated.:)
They installed an HH3,but I have swapped it out for my Belkin N1 router since they left.
Speeds so far are 37/9 and holding.:)no jitter or packet lose and ping approx 10-20ms.

0 Ratings