Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnmat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Infinity postponed

Go to solution

I should have had an upgrade of my ADSL line to Infinity yesterday. Nothing happened; no email; Infinity still as far away as ever! The order was confirmed and HomeHub 5 arrived, what should I do?

Incidentally, can I connect HH5 in place of HH4 with existing ADSL line? Thanks, Johnmat

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
OlgaC
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 7

Re: Infinity postponed

Go to solution

Hi Johnmat, 

Thanks for posting. 

I will take a look at your order and see what is causing the delay. 

Click on my username and under the "about me" section you will the link to get in touch with us.  Whenever we receive your details we will go from there. 

Cheers,

OlgaC 

bmcl26
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Johnmat

Yes, no problem with using HH5 with your present setup.  My installation was postpone (by me) and I connected the HH5 in place of the old HH2 I had on ADSL.  This gave the Dual Frequency wifi which solved the saturation problem I was experiencing while I waited a further week for my Infinity2 installation.  This has worked perfectly since installed and only took the Engineer around 25 mins to complete the job as I had been fitted with the Mk2 faceplate a couple of weeks earlier when i had a problem with my phone line and at that time Openrech fitted a new Drop wire & connection as well. 

@Johnmat wrote:

I should have had an upgrade of my ADSL line to Infinity yesterday. Nothing happened; no email; Infinity still as far away as ever! The order was confirmed and HomeHub 5 arrived, what should I do?

Incidentally, can I connect HH5 in place of HH4 with existing ADSL line? Thanks, Johnmat

0 Ratings
Johnmat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Hi Olga
Did that and I'm now due to be "Infinitised" on 30 May, so thank you John
0 Ratings
Johnmat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for your re-assurance ; I'll install the HH5 and await developments, Johnmat

0 Ratings
Mercedesben
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

It took three attempts for them to come out on the arranged days for me. I was not impressed, one phone call after waiting 5 hours each day  stating" resource issues". Do the satisfaction ( dissatisfaction? )  survey, you might be able to speak to a human being if you are totallly dissatisfied?

Now when it rains my broadband goes down, a common problem, try a googlesearch for "BT rain infinity broadband problem" loads of forums and complaints !

Good luck Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Johnmat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

The appointed day for "Infinitisation" has arrived and Eureka! My download speed has gone from 8 Mb/s to 37Mb/s and uploads from 0.9Mb/s to 8.8Mb/s. I am rather pleased. Well done BT, all forgiven, Johnmat

0 Ratings