cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m-tek
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Infinity problems..

Having so much trouble with infinity ...

atm (20.00 hrs)  my download speed is 2mb

How **bleep** is that??

if I test at 05.00 hrs i get this

Lovely!!!

It seems to be that @ peak times Im getting horrid results ... ive had 2 engineers out this week and all tests come back fine ... line IS syncing @ 40up and 10dwn as engineer  tests proved ..

seems to have BT stumped atm ... Not happy about paying £25 a month for this either ....

anyone else had anything simular??

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 10

Re: Infinity problems..

Hi M-tek, Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum. Something is not right here. Can you please drop me an email to the email address in my profile, include your BT account details and the link to this thread. I will run a few checks from my end to see what is going on. Cheers Sean
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 10

it sounds like you're being capped by BT during peek hours

0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 10

@walkerx wrote:

Just what are peak hours for broadband now ?

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
Rottie
Expert
Message 5 of 10

@hamish72 wrote:

@walkerx wrote:

Just what are peak hours for broadband now ?

Generally speaking, they're 1600-2300*, but I'd guess the exact timings are dependent on the load at your PoP.

* source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT_Total_Broadband

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 10

I'd bet good money it's an impulse noise protection problem ... trouble is you can't see the stats with Infinity.

0 Ratings
c-team
Message 7 of 10

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Yes I have slow speeds too between 6 and midnight, BT have sent three engineers over to 'fix' the problem even though I carefully explain to the person on the phone that it works fine during the day upto 30Mbps, then painfully slow 0.54Mbps in the evenings, like clock work.

At least I know I'm not the only one, plenty more people are having the same problems.

BT said we are entited to money back from the time we report the fault. 

It's clearly their problem and they are happy to deny it.

Come on BT, just let us know what is happening so as not to keep us in the dark with your fibre optics.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
dashfixer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Having the same problem, was told after only one weeks use that I was a high user and BT are slowing me down during peak times, however I had only used 46GB in my first week of my so called "unlimited" limit of 300GB.

Don't anyone be fooled, BT have clearly oversold this product and they can't handle it so they are throttling the speed at peak times, completely illegal, and we should all complain to OFCOM.

Unlimited option my backside, Fair Use Policy my backside..............

0 Ratings
DarrenA
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Please see the other posts on this thread http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/INFINITY-Netwrok-wide-Issues-IMPORTANT/td-p/81365/page/42 . I had exactly the same problem for 5 weeks (complete with the multiple engineering visits) and it was only when the moderators here got involved that a non-descript "fault" was found in the network. However, even now I can't seem to get faster that 19 mb/s even at off-peak times, a far cry from the 32-33mb/s I was getting originally (I have a profile of 33877k and am synching at 35mb/s). I have kept the fault open until I see the kind of speeds that I had originally ,even if they are off-peak. However, how much longer I will have to wait is anybody's guess...

0 Ratings