cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Infinity profile has dropped since electricity fault. Bt online support wont resolve it

Hi

We have BT infinty up to 76mb, before our electricity problems we used to get about 55mb down easy.

We have notice our speeds are halve of what they used to be.

We checked our speed using speed testers and checked the ip profile, which is lower that it initially was.

The profile is 3800 but was much higher before.

The problem is, is that because we are getting the the estimated speed for our line (38mb) then bt will not reset the profile.

Its frustrating knowing we can have much faster speeds than we are getting.

Can a Mod issue a reset request to BT?

Everything internal is fine. including the electrcity, the router, and all the computers...

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Infinity profile has dropped since electricity fault. Bt online support wont resolve it

DLM will gradually increase your speed again when it is sure there are no more issues ~ it may take a couple of weeks or so which is irritating but that's the way it is.

It is worth disconnecting and reconnecting your router (HomeHub) each morning meanwhile in case DLM has increased your sync but the IP profile has got out of step.  Best done via the web interface at 192.168.1.254, or you can reset or power cycle if that is more convenient.  Do NOT touch the modem.

The mods do not usually respond directly to threads, you need to contact them at: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 .  But be aware they take 3 working days to reply: sometimes more if busy.   They can't get a reset done directly anyway; in your case I'd wait to see if things settle before contacting them.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Re: Infinity profile has dropped since electricity fault. Bt online support wont resolve it

The EXACT same thing happened to me and because of the same circumstances as yourself BT and the mods on here wouldnt do a thing, therefore I wouldnt hold your breath!

Im just waiting to run my contract down and move to another provider - yes I may lose a bit of downstream speed (they only do upto 38meg), but its worth it from a principle viewpoint and to know that there may actually be some semblance of customer service.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

@1TonyCurrie wrote:

The EXACT same thing happened to me and because of the same circumstances as yourself BT and the mods on here wouldnt do a thing, therefore I wouldnt hold your breath!

Im just waiting to run my contract down and move to another provider - yes I may lose a bit of downstream speed (they only do upto 38meg), but its worth it from a principle viewpoint and to know that there may actually be some semblance of customer service.

Problem is that with most ISP's, it would still need Openreach to do the reset. And as everyone is finding out thats the hard part. Getting Openreach to do it.

I'm sure the mods would love to have a button to press.Smiley Happy

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

@toekneem wrote:

@1TonyCurrie wrote:

Problem is that with most ISP's, it would still need Openreach to do the reset. And as everyone is finding out thats the hard part. Getting Openreach to do it.

I'm sure the mods would love to have a button to press.Smiley Happy

Agree to a certain extent, but its easy to hide behind "someone else".  Also, depending on who you get the responses can be downright patronising and condescending.  Thats just my honest opinion following my experiences.  Sadly it appears to be all too common in recent months.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 6

Instead of saying you had a powercut you could claim your modem kept re-syncing disconnecting or w/e then they will send an engineer to boost the speed.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings