Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scotisere
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Infinity removed

Hi
Hopefully someone can advise me on how to resolve this problem. Recently I moved house, when I moved I was an infinity customer with bt the house I moved to had infinity already connected we were able to use it for a few days before the previous occupant disconnected their line. When we asked bt to transfer our line to the new address they disconnected infinity and gave us standard broadband claiming that as we have moved house we have to go in a que and wait for infinity. Bt have told me that my contract is based on name not address. Does this make them in breach of contract.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Infinity removed

It's possible the cabinet is full and has no spare ports, that's not something any ISP could have predicted.

The issue will be affecting all ISP's not BT.

Can you put your number into here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com and post up a screenshot of the results please.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

The existing connection would have been ceased, and the position in the cabinet given to the next person on the waiting list.

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Did you ask for infinity at your new residence? BT would not assume that you want the same set up after you have moved.
The onus is on you to request the services you require.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.