cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Obsidian_Walker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Infinity rollout stopped at the end of my street ???

Hi all,

This is my first post so here goes. Like most people I've been waiting for Infinity for a while now. I already know my exchange has been updated MYLOF, and that my street cabinet (CAB 15) hasnt been. My issue is that the rollout has completely passed by my estate. I've enclosed a map, my estate is boxed in red. All other areas on the map are eligible for Infinity.

I've tried to have a conversation with BT, but that was too painful to describe and resulted in a simple "it's not available in your area". We've even had the entire estate mail shot by BT to signup for Infinity. My estate is a new build, although I've lived on it for over 2 yrs so now that new.

Have we been simply skipped over?? Can anyone offer any suggestions or help?

untitled.JPG

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
goosefraba
Contributor
Message 2 of 15

Re: Infinity rollout stopped at the end of my street ???

Seems BT/OR does not like new builds! We have a similar issue in Milton Keynes. A number of areas have got FTTP, but they worked clean around the New Build estates.

Can only wander if this is a play to get more money from developers? Because to install for new builds is super easy with every property having pristine ducting ready to go.
0 Ratings
Obsidian_Walker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

In a sad way glad it's not just us.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

hi this may explain a little more
Within an exchange area there will be some customers who can't get BT Infinity. There are several reasons why this could be the case:

Your phone line may be connected directly to the telephone exchange and not to a local street cabinet.
Your line may be too far from the local street cabinet to have a stable BT Infinity service.
Your local street cabinet may not be suitable for fibre optic cables.
We haven't yet got the council's planning permission to do the necessary work at your local street cabinet.
So, even though you may be within an enabled exchange area, it's possible that your particular line may not be able to have BT Infinity yet. at activation of an exchange not all street cabs are enabled at that stage there is a phased roll out of street cabinets 

Our availability checker at www.bt.com/infinity has the latest detail about what speed your line can provide.

0 Ratings
hippey
Expert
Message 5 of 15

Not strictly true.

Im in a new build and have FTTP.

The whole estate was built with deep chambers which fit the splitters nicely, it does depend where you are in Milton Keynes, FTTP is only supplied from Bradwell Abbey (Fishermead) Exchange and serves roughly the South East Corner and over to Broughton & Broughton Gate (not fully covered yet). It's been around since 2003 in various trials. Walnut Tree & Kents Hill had a FTTP trial in 2002/3 which was withdrawn after the trial, this one looks like it will be going commercial as some CP's are now accepting orders from new customers.

0 Ratings
Obsidian_Walker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Not really interested in hearing "it might be this" or " it might be that" if I'm honest. I'm more interested in a REAL answer not some pathetic fob off.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

Obsidian_Walker

as has been posted many times before they are some of the many reasons why a cabinet has not been updated particularly planning issues and a later phase of roll out the latter is most regular I have an exchanger near me that was enabled in May 2010 and the last phase of cabs have just completed a year later so it is a matter of waiting i am afraid
according to the samknows site it states fibre some areas only for your exchange
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 15

@Obsidian_Walker wrote:
Not really interested in hearing "it might be this" or " it might be that" if I'm honest. I'm more interested in a REAL answer not some pathetic fob off.

I think what you mean is NO answer is good enough,Smiley Mad unless the checker says you can ORDER NOW .Smiley Wink

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Obsidian_Walker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

John46 - I guess I'd have liked a modicum of support rather than just possibilities. I'm guessing phased rollout will be the answer. Was just weird that one estate was 'missed'. Thanks for your reply.

0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 15

Obsidian_Walker this is a customer to customer forum. Everyone offers they're advice and own opinions within the forum guidelines. When you signed up you agreed to this and therefore must respect the forum Terms and Conditions.

+ Toekneem is a well respected member and Im sure many people would back his corner to what a helpful member he is.
0 Ratings