cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Obsidian_Walker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Infinity rollout stopped at the end of my street ???

Not sure what the 'expert' refers to at the end of your username.....expert something I'm sure.

The info from John46 was more that helpful. The response from the other user was anything but. More that a touch of flaming. If you know what that is.
0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 15

Obsidian_Walker,
First off...I hope I do not get treated to the same type of answer that you gave toekneem,because if so it can only mean that you do not want help.

The first thing that you must be aware of is that the distance from the exchange to your home no longer matters,but the distance from the cab box to your home does.
You are not always given the cab that is nearest to you,so you might be farther away than you think.
Also cables have to be tested after laying them,and cab boxes also have to have a lot of testing etc done inside them.
There are countless reasons why BT [OR] have not included your actual building in the infinity chain yet,but rest assured that if it is possible, they will get it to you sooner or later.
Just hang in there and hope it is sooner.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

Obsidian_Walker

The term expert relates to the posters status within the forum community as has been pointed out to you this is a customer to customer forum the only BT presence are the Forum Moderators I respectfully therefore would ask you to not attack other community members who are offering help and advice to you
0 Ratings
blend69
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Even more frustration!

My street including way past my house has been cabled and all appears to be ready... including the local exchange and street box but BT still give the same message of "not available in your area".  Its a pity that BT don't seem to respond to the messages from their customers or potential customers in these forums... they don't seem to do much to help themselves and their image of customer relations.

John

London E12

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 15

@blend69 wrote:

Even more frustration!

My street including way past my house has been cabled and all appears to be ready... including the local exchange and street box but BT still give the same message of "not available in your area".  Its a pity that BT don't seem to respond to the messages from their customers or potential customers in these forums... they don't seem to do much to help themselves and their image of customer relations.

John

London E12

Hi.

Have a look at samknows site here:
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search input your telephone number or exchange and see what it says under BT Wholesale Information.
Copy and paste if needed.

Then copy the info from https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

How long has the NEW BT Fibre cabinet been in place.

If you listen closely you can hear the power humming if it is powered up.

if it has only just been placed into posistion in the last month or so, there can still be other work waiting to be completed.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings